Giving Thanks: Wish List For Haiti/Ayiti

Empress Verite

Giving Thanks: Wish List For Haiti/Ayiti

Post by Empress Verite » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:03 pm

One and Respe!

"Bay Ayiti Ou Chans" the new single by the diverse and talented group of musicians has spurned another song and video by North East Coast artists from Zin and "Tantan" Stanley Toussaint among others. I was pleasantly surprised by this outpouring of creativity and love by Haitian artists for their homeland. In addition both songs and videos were well done and they sound and look good "eye sugar for my soul". I am writing this thread because Tantan has lost his mother in the crossfire during another incident sparked by the problems in Haiti now. Thugs stormed his mother's store downtown Potoprins and shot her to death.

I recently saw his interview on Nickymix Connection and he seems as nice as he is on his videos. The first time that I saw his video I thought that he was the Haitian star that would cross over into the Anglophone (US dominated) entertainment market. He has the mo
ves, the looks and the sounds. He is the hyphanated Haitian American personified. In addition, he seemed very nice and kindhearted during his interview with Nicky Mix and he answered the callers questions with a lot of compassion. This is more than I can say for many artists who put on the sex gloves in dealing with callers. MY PREDICTION IS THAT IN HIM WE HAVE THE CROSSOVER ARTIST AND NOW HE LOST HIS MAMA IN THE CROSSFIRE IN AYITI.

Is this how we KKKreate art? By giving people pain and making them suffer. His press release was sent to me and it was a detailed explanation about how he will not be making any performances or appearances for awhile until the grieving has eased. In addition, he along with love ones have put a reward for any information leading to the capture of his mother's killer.I hope that someone comes forward, I would donate some money to this effort but my pennies would probably not go too far.

I am angry that the new administration has kkkreated an atmosphere in Ayiti that
is enticing this violence. Folks who would otherwise live harmoniously are now at war for reasons that they don't understand. It seems to me that the new administration made promises that it has not kept. They are not reducing the problems in Ayiti in fact they are making the problems worse. Secondly, they could have used their social, political, cultural, and economic kkkapital acquired LOT BO to negotiate with Aristide's administration and find a common ground. This could have been achieved by demanding that workers for instance be paid a liveable wage, that Aristide redo the 2k elections (he would have won even with a smaller margin) and some other small things. I believe that the international community (who is impatient with the situation in Ayiti) would have seen this as a sign of good faith and they would have released some of the $500k in loans and grants. And the use of those funds would have created a better nicer country.

The killings of the young children are not a surprise to me at all.
My children are suffering in South Florida, Miami to be exact while well to do Haitians look at us and them as if we are NOTHIING! When I have gone to their corporate welfare funded so-called non profit organizations for help they have been ridiculously prejudiced and nonchalent about my situation. As if we should not expect any better. I am appaled by the insensitivity shown to Haitian life by those in power and who have means. How did this get like that? How did we become a people so hateful of one another or more immediately why are the well to do so hateful towards the downtrodden and wretched?

Thousands marched through the streets of potoprins to demand the return of Aristide recently, while Latortue is demanding that Aristide be returned to face charges of brutality and murder! Why has Duvalier never been held accountable for all of those years that he held the country and its people hostage and comitted countless of crimes? And what about his goons who are free to walk around innocent people. I
had heard that even Toto Constan (correct name??) the fellow from FRAPH walks around a free man while living in Queens, New York...is that fair?

The Canadian Prime Minister stated that Haiti better get its affairs together or risk being dismissed by the international community. Well, this was just a warning, I believe that this was the intention of Latortue and his pals from the get go. They wanted to bring back this past reminiscent of the Duvalier era cloak in a veneer of black pride and intellectual accomplishment. This comes along with no compassion and business as usual flair that we have seen in recent months with unjust arrests and murders by imposter police.

The natural disasters were a sign that Haiti the place and the people are vulnerable perhaps more so than most. And we have not made any progress in the past few months at all. We are vindictive and the moun ki gen yen hate those who are striving for no apparent reason. Why would anyone want to live like royalty in an empoverished
country?

Thanks for the time, ear and eye. I think that we should start listing the names of all those who have perished and continue to die due to the problems in Haiti now. I would begin by citing the names of Pastor Dantica and Madame Toussaint and those children and the ones who died from the natural disasters.

Kenbe.

Empress Verite

Madame Toussaint-Dead in the kkkrossfire

Post by Empress Verite » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:16 pm

One and Respe!

I forgot to add that she will not be there when her son accepts his grammy award (s) or others that are to come. Is that fair?

la paix that is what Haiti needs now more than anything. It has been almost 600 years of violence and the move ze and move zespri need to be buried once and for all or destroyed so that good can survive and thrive. The Haiti wish list should include cleaner air, identifying all of the WMDs (weapons of mass destruction) for example, natural disaster (solution= preparation and so on) social ills (prejudice, classism, sexism, regionalism, urbanism etc) poverty, unemployment, lack of access to education, health care, more aggressive anti AIDS work (By the way, Dr. Farmer has won an award of $500k for his work in Haiti with health care) and protection against international immigration policies such as the new Homeland Security guidelines that unfairly profile
Haitian migrants.

My Haiti/Ayiti wish list is long but I am sure that Wyclef Jean's concert will highlight some of them on December 5, 2004.

Kenbe.

Empress Verite

Duvalier:

Post by Empress Verite » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:20 am

One and Respe:

Zanfinginen, the fact is that right before the Aristide dechoukaj Duvalier got a visa to travel to Haiti as reported by CBS via BET! And the fact is that he has a strong following in South Florida among the Duvalierists who benefited from the grants and corporate welfare handed out by the Shrub's administration!

If they continue to pursue the arrest of Aristide and demand that he be returned from South Africa to face criminal charges, then he too should be charged. I say this in fear and much trepedition because I live in enemy territory. THEY LOVE DUVALIER HERE AND THEY WANT HIM BACK!

kenbe.

Manno Michel

Post by Manno Michel » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:30 pm

Have you ever wondered why Duvalier announced more than once that he was going back to Haiti to help "develop" what he destroyed? Simple. J.C. Duvalier is a French citizen . So this business of Duvalier having a base in Miami, maybe. But he is not going anywhere, believe me.

Empress Verite

Duvalier:

Post by Empress Verite » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:41 pm

One and Respe!

I heard on the news that he got a visa to travel to Haiti and the current administration does have very strong ties to France. I would not be surprised at all if he returned even on an advisorial basis. I am sure that you probably have better information. I am still wondering why they never held him accountable for any crimes but Latortue is trying to bring Aristide up on charges from South Africa!

Mesi.