Haitian Music Book

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:40 pm

Nekita, something tells me that you have never tried the "Search" facility of the Ann Pale forum. Look, the Search button is up there, next to "Private Messages", "FAQ", "Memberlist", "Login" or "Logout", "Forum Index". Do you see it? If you do, try to use it whenever you do a search for something that you think appeared on the forum previously. This is a MUST as the categorization of forum messages changes from time to time, as you know all too well by now.

Anyway, a search for that book (any of its key words) or for the book author would have yielded the message's resting place: http://haitiforever.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2169 . Or you may go to our ex-kanmarad Lemane Vaillant's special category "Souvenirs/Réflexions de Lemane Vaillant" and look for the message entitled "Un besoin chez nous de Biographes et Mémorialistes". In that particular thread, you will find the previous references ab
out the book that you just bought. If you ever find the time, you are welcome to review the book for us. At least, you can match your impressions agaisnt those of Serge Bellegarde.

Guy

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:10 pm

[quote]If I were to look on search, I would have looked under "music" Do you have such title? [/quote]

Nekita, I just put the keyword "music" in the SEARCH box and got back 108 Ann Pale messages containing the word "music".

On the other hand, I put in the keyword "sainvill" and got back only two results: your own message and the thread started by Lemane, which I mentioned earlier.

When you cannot find an earlier message, just use the SEARCH facility. It will save you a lot of time.

Note also that the Older Kreyòl forum can be searched. And every Windows on Haiti document can be searched as well. If you want to know, I will later give you specific directions to access those three distinct searches: 1) Ann Pale; 2) Fowòm Ayisyen; 3) Windows on Haiti.

I hope this helps.

Guy