Culinary Arts Institute
1 cup Coffee Extract
[quote] To make the coffee extract, use this:
10 cups water
3 cups ground coffee
1. Prepare very strong coffee using water and ground coffee.
2. Pour brewed coffee into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, simmer 30 minutes. Cool.
3. Store in a tightly covered container and use to flavor custard, buttercream, and ice cream.
Makes about 1 cup extract.[/quote]
4 ounces dark sweet Swiss chocolate
1 ounce (1 square) unsweetened chocolate
1 cup amber rum
1. Combine Coffee Extract and chocolates in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted.
2. Heat rum, ignite it, and when the flames subside, stir into the chocolate mixture.
3. Serve hot over cake.
Makes about 2 cups.
1 post • Page 1 of 1