Condoleezza Rice en visite en Haïti mardi

Hyppolite

Condoleezza Rice en visite en Haiti mardi

Post by Hyppolite » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:40 pm

La secrétaire d'Etat américaine Condoleezza Rice effectue ce mardi une brève visite en Haiti pour souligner le soutien des Etats-Unis à la République Caraibe à l'approche des premières élections générales depuis la chutte de Jean Bertrand Aristide, ont annoncé lundi des responsables américains.

Madame devrait rencontrer des responsables du gouvernement intérimaire haitien, dont le Premier ministre Gérard Latortue, et des représentants de la Mission de stabilisation de l'ONU en Haiti (Minustah), a indiqué le porte-parole du Département d'Etat, Sean McCormack.

La visite de Mme Rice intervient moins de deux mois avant le premier tour de l'élection présidentielle et des législatives prévues le 20 nobembre.

AFP

Hyppolite

Post by Hyppolite » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:44 pm

This may be because of two things, or one, or neither:

1- The rejection of the candidacy of Simeus by the electoral council (pressure now on the CEP);
2- The pending trial of "La Scierie" (pressure against such trial by the US gov't).

Or this may simply be a show, some kind of way to encourage the CEP and other institutions regarding the upcoming elections.

I may be wrong either way, but at least they may think that there's a need for some psychological boost to those organizing elections. Therefore, they're sending Mrs. Rice to Haiti. We shall see.

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:56 pm

Hyppolite, personally I think her visit is to congratulate the selected illegal government for a job well done.

Malpouwont sa yo, pap janm kite. Yap prepapre oun lOt seleksyon an novanm.

Prochainement sur cet ecran...

leonel

Hyppolite

Post by Hyppolite » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:04 pm

Leonel, let just see what happens next. There may be a few surprises this time around, again. It's especially true if those in power keep on playing hard political ball instead of adhering to a moderate political line.

Michel Nau_

Post by Michel Nau_ » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:33 pm

Serge wrote:[quote]They certainly did not anticipate that with the arrival of Préval, they would run the risk to organize an election and have a symbol of Lavalas steal the show from them - even though Préval is not running from the Lavalas Party, he remains however a symbol of the Lavalas MOVEMENT and he operates within that Movement, as his alliance demonstrates. So, the dilemma for them is that the election has to go forward and at the same time, they have to make sure that Préval does not win. I am told from people in Haiti taht Préval is the front runner so far. Don`t ask me to be more precise than that, but I trust people on the ground know what they are talking about.[/quote]
They certainly did not anticipate!!
Serge, Mesiye sa yo fe la pli e le bo tan!!
They have the ability and capability to create problems, and come with their own solutions.
T
hey wanted badly for Preval to run, and they did make him run!!!
He is a guy easy to work with, and with a good track record; according to Haitian standard.
Preval participation in the race is the international Community's salvation.
Preval was contacted many times by high profile individuals from Washington, DC , and Canada to consider him running again for president.
Now since he is running, their prayers have been answered.
They felt vindicated.
They wanted to repair the damage that they did to the Haitian people, which was taking their elected president, Aristide away.
Now they are whispering:
If they can't have the original, they might have his twin!!

Who knows!! Anything could happen.
In politics, there is no guaranty.

Jwet la tre sere!!

Michel

Hyppolite

Post by Hyppolite » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:30 am

Michel Nau wrote:

They wanted badly for Preval to run, and they did make him run!!! .......... Preval was contacted many times by high profile individuals from Washington, DC , and Canada to consider him running again for president.

That's absolutely true, according to a friend of mine anyway. Michel, I suspect you know more than you wish to pretend but in truth, I think the next president will be either Bazin or Préval. That's where the real contest is, regardless of whether Simeus get back into the race. Unless these two guys commit a big electoral boo-boo (Préval or Bazin), either one of them can win. These elections may only strengthen the hands of the Lavalas party, to the dismay of so many who wanted Aristide out so badly.

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:23 pm

M ashte kat pelouz mwen, mwen pran oun ti chEz byen ba, pou m gade mach sa...

This US administration will deal with either Preval or Bazin. Jean-Juste is out of the question, he is too close to Titid (based on their point of views).

What about the losers? Will they cry Foul after the D Day?

Evans Paul, Baker and others?

leonel