The Gallup Poll on J.C. Duvalier

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:39 am

Serge, I don't think this is true.

Actually Duvaliers were the worst, cause the Country's security was stable if not great. They could have accomplished so many great things for Haiti. They had all the tools, except the intellect.

Some people love to state that Haiti was better during the Duvalier's era. I think, it is absurd.

They are responsible for what is going on or wrong Today.

It can take us close to half a Century to get rid of the Duvalierist toxicities in our body and soul. Kou deta, Makout, Zenglendo, piyagE, mO nan administrasyon piblik, arete opozan, diktatE, sezi byen opozan elatriye...

I think people need to get challenged when they talk about this ol good duvalier's era. Don't you think?

L'union est la Force,
leonel

Cali Ruchala

Re: The Gallup Poll on J.C. Duvalier

Post by Cali Ruchala » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:22 pm

Serge, thanks for bringing this up. I have an inquiry out now with Gallup and will let you know what I find out.

From what I can tell, all accounts of this poll in the Haitian media came from Radio Kiskeya. I've seen the Spanish-language reports which cite "Instituto Gallup." They're usually buried four or five paragraphs down in stories otherwise about Duvalier's nomination for the presidency, which makes this seem suspect, in the least.