A P.R. Letter from Dumarsais Siméus

admin
Site Admin

A P.R. Letter from Dumarsais Siméus

Post by admin » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:48 pm

This letter is getting circulated on various e-mail lists. I reproduce it here, for no other purpose than to elicit your comments.

Please note that the candidacy of Dumarsais Siméus has already been commented extensively in this thread: CEO seeks new job: the president of Haiti, [http://www.haitiforever.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3665 .

While the debate on this topic is far from exhausted, it is useful to take note of what arguments have already been advanced, so that we do not repeat ourselves indefinitely.

[quote]
DUMARSAIS SIMÉUS

Good afternoon family and friends!

I hope this letter finds you well. As you all know, my campaign for President of the Republic of Haiti has great broadbased support! E
very day more people support my message of change and hope for Haiti.

The politics of the last 200 years have failed. Haiti cries out for new leadership and new ideas that will bring all Haitians together. We've had the politics of division and hate, Haitian against Haitian…I want to be the bridge to bring Haitians together, to build the Haitian dream based on Haitian values…work, family, God and neighbors helping neighbors.

Those are the lessons I learned as a boy in the Artibonite Valley and those are values that I will use to bring education, jobs, access to capital, economic freedom, international recognition, and, perhaps most of all, pride in our country. Together, we can bring loved ones in Haiti security from violence and freedom from corruption so that our sons and daughters don't have to leave as economic refugees, but can build their dreams at home.

I am a Haitian. As are you, regardless of where we currently reside. And like you, I carry our beautiful country with me whe
rever I go. That can never be taken away and our citizenship can never be negotiated. Once Haitian, we remain Haitian for life with all the rights to participate in the social and economic opportunities of the country, including running for political office.

We must support a fully democratic election process that values free competition of ideas and gives all people an equal chance to run. If Haiti is to emerge with a legitimate leader whom Haitians and the world community can feel good about, then we must have an open and transparent election process with a free exchange of ideas that allows the best candidate to win.

I can't thank you enough for all of your support over the last days and weeks. Each one of you is so important to this campaign. With your help, we can change the future of our country and bring new hope to Haiti.

Right now, we need 100,000 signatures to ensure that I am on the ballot, so please call home and tell your loved ones to support Haiti's native son, Duma
rsais Siméus, and the changes I promise to bring.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally announce new key campaign positions here in the US. May and Serge Parisien will now serve as media spokespeople on my behalf when interview opportunities arise here in the US where I am unable to participate. Gary Jean Baptiste is the new Grassroots Director, handling, organizing and facilitating events and other Diaspora efforts. And Joe Baptiste is working diligently as Fundraising Director to raise much-needed funds for the campaign.

Thank you to each of the new campaign leaders, and to each of you. Your ongoing support, advice and loyalty is the reason I am here, and I look forward to working with you over the next few months to bring Haiti a new President!

Sincerely,
Dumarsais Siméus
[/quote]