Site Admin

An appeal from a former Haitian refugee

Post by admin » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:42 am

[quote]Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 11:00 PM
Subject: An appeal from a former Haitian refugee

Hello, friends! Please forward.

APPEAL FROM A FORMER HAITIAN REFUGEE.

Dear good people,

42 years ago, thanks to the help of several compasionate American friends, my family and I were able to escape alive from the inferno of our native land. When we landed in New York on that afternoon of May 1963, we did not know where to go, what to do, or what we were going to become. But we survived, and we are doing fine today. We survived, because mother America immediately opened her heart and her arms to receive us, and granted us peace, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, as if we were her own children. And so did she for so many of you, in all walks of life, my dear friends!

Right now, so many of America's sons and daughters, most of them blac
k like us, most of them poor like we were before she helped us, are screaming for help after the terrible catastrophy that affects them. Nobody can watch those images on television without tears in their eyes. This is one opportunity we have, this our turn to open our heart to America in gratitude, by opening our wallets and contribute to some of the charitable institutions organizing the relief funds.

Let us not allow thousands of Americans to perish by lack of help after that terrible tragedy. We owe them a debt of gratitude.

God bless America!

Gerard A. Ferere
Yesterday, a Haitian refugee
Today, a proud and grateful American citizen
[/quote]

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:45 am

I ve felt the same way. We can help our Brothers and sisters. We can help our adoptive Country. I felt so incapable of doing anything beside sending money. Everytime, I see the faces of these people asking for Help. Someone in a wheelchair dying, other desperate people waiting for us. I could not stop tears from my eyes.

I felt that I ve left them dying. For, there was nothing that I could do.

It is not by chance that the people left behind, were Blacks. It is not also pure luck that they were Poors! They probably voted against Bush *big Corporations*. Therefore, they had to suffer.

What a shame! That some people can base their superiority upon a big Protective Tissue unpigmented, Which the only purpose is to protect the organs inside. What a shame, Condoleeza! You are really serving your Massers.-

Until the philosophy, which holds one race Superior. And another inferior, discredited, and permanently abandonned.

By Selassie, song by BOB MARLEY.

I would not want to see another hurricane on top of this one. You can imagine...

leonel