Pat Robertson calls for assassasination and then denies it

admin
Site Admin

Pat Robertson calls for assassasination and then denies it

Post by admin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:53 am

From the August 22 broadcast of The 700 Club:

ROBERTSON: There was a popular coup that overthrew him [Chavez]. And what did the United States State Department do about it? Virtually nothing. And as a result, within about 48 hours that coup was broken; Chavez was back in power, but we had a chance to move in. He has destroyed the Venezuelan economy, and he's going to make that a launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism all over the continent.

You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think
that we really ought to go ahead and do it.</b> It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war. And I don't think any oil shipments will stop. But this man is a terrific danger and the United ... This is in our sphere of influence, so we can't let this happen. We have the Monroe Doctrine, we have other doctrines that we have announced. And without question, this is a dangerous enemy to our south, controlling a huge pool of oil, that could hurt us very badly. We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:07 pm

From Religion News service [ http://religionnews.com ]
by Adelle M. Banks

... Robertson, speaking on his weekday show, "The 700 Club", denied he had called for the assassination of the maverick South American leader...

Robertson, 75, said on the show he had been misinterpreted by the media when he said Monday that the U.S. should "take him out." He wasn't referring to assassination.

"I didn't say assassination," Robertson explained on his show, broadcast from Virginia Beach, Va.

"I said our special forces should quote, take him out, and 'take him out' can be a . . . number of things, including kidnapping. There are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted. "

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:35 pm

THANK YOU, PAT ROBERTSON, FOR REVEALING CLEARLY THE MINDSET OF THE GEORGE W. BUSH ADMINISTRATION. YOU COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE ELOQUENT.

We can now see in words what has been the practice, for those who care to open their eyes to U.S. foreign policy! Unwittingly, Pat Robertson has been very educational in its straightforward language. I wonder how often he gets to talk to Bush and his inner circle.

Same mindset. Except for one thing: The Pentagon actually likes to test out all of their new weapons, such as MOAB or the "Mother Of All Bombs" in Iraq. No sooner had they successfully tried it to level out some of Saddam Hussein's palaces and government offices, that they started talking about funding research for a new type of weapons: SMALL TACTICAL NUCLEAR WEAPONS to inflict even more devastating but more localized damage than the previous line of MOAB. I believe those tactical nuclear weapons are being developed today, as we spea
k, in the freedom-loving democratic United States of America.

So they may disagree with Pat RObertson about the utility of killing one man. Why not test a few new weapons along the way?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:44 pm

[quote]I didn't say assassination," Robertson explained[/quote]
REALLY!?!?

[quote]"I said our special forces should quote, take him out, and 'take him out' can be a . . . number of things, including kidnapping. There are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him."[/quote]
Hmm... Is this a mere coincidence or did this guy advise the State Department on how to handle President Aristide???

Jonas

Post by Jonas » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:49 pm

PAT ROBERTSON is not some yahoo southern preacher; the man is a Yale educated lawyer.

He knew exactly what he was saying and I dare to say, he succeeded in his aims. He framed the argument.

He launched a similar broadside against Aristide, in his show the 700 Club, that didn't have the same notoriety in the general public; Haiti being a "less important" country than Venezuela, but nevertheless, the results are there.

Pat Robertson is a neo-fascist, consequently it would be useful to read the opnions of one of the "patron saints" of the fascistic mouvement:

[quote] Propaganda is a means and must therefore be judged with regard to its end. It must consequently take a form calculated to support the aim which it serves...

The content of propaganda is not science any more than the object represented in a poster is art. The art of the poster lies in the designer's ability to attract the a
ttention of the crowd by form and color ...

All propaganda must be popular and its intellectual level must be adjusted to the most limited intelligence among those it is addressed to. Consequently, the greater the mass it is intended to reach, the lower its purely intellectual level will have to be...
the more modest its intellectual ballast, the more exclusively it takes into consideration the emotions of the masses, the more effective it will be. And this is the best proof of the soundness or unsoundness of a propaganda campaign, and not success in pleasing a few scholars....

The receiptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, their power of forgetting is enormous. Inconsequence of these facts, all effective propaganda must be limited to a very few points and must harp on these in slogans ...

AT FIRST THE CLAIMS OF THE PROPAGANDA COULD BE SO IMPUDENT THAT PEOPLE COULD THINK IT INSANE, LATER IT WOULD GET ON PEOPLE'S NERVES AND IN THE END IT WOULD BE
BELIEVED.[/quote]

This Quote is from ADOLF HITLER (MEIN KANMPF, chapter VI)