Whose government is this anyway?

admin
Site Admin

Whose government is this anyway?

Post by admin » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:35 am

A most interesting exchange, between Jafrikayiti and a certain Brian, that occurred on a different forum (with which we have a longstanding partnership with reprint privileges).

[quote]

Can someone in the know please tell us what is motivating these dangerous games being played with the Haitian people and its national police ?

I have just read that the new police chief supposedly appointed by the President under outrageous known pressures by the neo-colonial gang (U.S., Canada, France etc...) have just resigned and, as is fashionanble to do these days, 'took refuge in an foreign embassy.

What kind of crap is this?

As soon I as begun reading these strange declarations from David Lee and other self-appointed colonial Governors of the Island claiming that the police chief does not have enough latitude to do its job, I knew some k
ind of drama of this kind might be in the making.

Frankly I am getting sick and tired of watching the Haitian government catering to all the caprices of these cynical foreigners. It is high time that the Haitian government gets on to the business of governing this nation and send all them scavengers packing.

We have 8 million people living in abject poverty. The gang has proven time and again that they will Never accept responsibility for the crimes it has committed, and continues to commit against our people. So kick the fools out of the island. They will not stop pestering us until we start taking serious measures to put them in their place.

When Rudoplh Guliani and his gang in blue was murdering black youth , one after the other in New-York City, did the ambassadors of Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Ghana, Haiti, Barbados, Trinidad ... in Washington request Bill Clinton to consult with Kofi Annan to find a more suitable chief for the NYPD?

What makes the white-dominated governments of this
world, with all their flaws, crimes and corruption, worthy of being left alone to self-regulate and improve based on the actions of their own nationals. Whereas, in black dominated nations, any office clerk working for USAID think he/she has a 'White Jesus-Given' right to tell the President of the Nation what to do, where, when and how? What is it with this sickening arrogance? And why is it grown black men are still accepting such non-sense to go on in their houses?

Frankly, the current government will not get out of this mess until it starts treating these tie-wearing gang members with the scorn and disgust they deserve to be treated. THEY ARE NOT SERIOUS !

They will not Let Haiti Live because these folks have no conscience and the black children that are dying of hunger are not their own. They only need their pictures to use for their neo-colonial NGO infomercials. These are our children dying of hunger and typhoid while our elected governmenrt is wasting precious time and resources cateri
ng to these megalomaniac foreign diplomats in search of a lost Caribbean colony to call their own.

President Aristide, I believe you have reached a corner where you either turn to your people for help or you simply throw the towel and ask David Lee to officially accept the Presidency of Haiti.

Stop playing around. Time is on their side, not ours!

Jafrikayiti

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I am sorry that you feel that way about the US, Canada, and France. I am an American and I love the country of Haiti and its people. People think I am nuts here for wanting to go to Haiti all of the time but we take things for granted here in the States and it is good to get away from that. However, the racial tone in your letter is disheartening. The cheap shots on Mayor Guiliani and the NYPD were uncalled for. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. The US, Canada, and
France have for years have all tried to help Haiti better itself. I am only speaking of the nineties to the present. If the world did not care for Haiti, they would not have taken out the militant military that was Murdering Haitians daily. Haiti's problem is the mistake of a leader that we put in place in 94. Aristede is a Clintonian. He cares only for himself and not the country of Haiti. I really enjoyed the 2.2 million US dollars that Aristede and his cronies used to fix the national highway north of PAP. I am sorry... I meant fill the potholes and stick FLAGS up out in the middle of nowhere. The problem is Aristede takes the money that those countries give him and misuses it. I work for DOT and I can tell you that 2.2 million dollars covers a lot more than potholes. They could have stripped the road down and rebuilt a good portion of it, if they needed to for less than the 2.2.

I love the country of Haiti. Haiti has a lot of potential but as long as corrupt people are in power...it will
be hard to prosper. It will take years to undo wrongs that have been occuring for decades. Please refrain from verbally attacking the countries now. I agree that France, the US and others prior to the modern era treated Haiti with disrespect. That was in the past, but let bygones be bygones. I love Haiti and pray that they will see the fruits of a prosperous government but I assure you that kicking the "foreigners' out will not help Haiti.

Brian

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

[quote]People think I am nuts here for wanting to go to Haiti all of the time but we take things for granted here in the States and it is good to get away from that.[/quote]
In my post, I am not referring to the individual foreigner's motivations or actions in Haiti. I am commenting on the actions that official representativ
es of specific nations are taking in Haiti. I am not guessing whether individual American, French or Canadian X goes to Haiti to be a decent human being sharing life experiences with his/her fellow human beings or whether s/he goes there to profit from cheap prostitution or other 'strategic advantages' offered by Haiti's black population's well-sustained 500 year-old abject poverty. We all know both types do exist.

Let's get something straight, just like it is no crime to travel in this world, no one deserves a trophy simply for having taken a plane to Haiti, Africa or the Bronx. It's not as if folks are leaving Canada, France or the US to settle in Site Katon with our kids with bloated bellies. So, there is no need to pretend being selfless 'heroes' that bring sweet things to Haiti while Haiti gives nothing back in return. Some foreigners go to Haiti to work $$$$$$, others to play (all sorts of plays!), others do it to bring meaning to their lifes.just as people leave Haiti to go to other
places on this earth for all these same reasons. Woopdeedoo! Big deal !

[quote]the racial tone in your letter is disheartening.[/quote]
This is no "tone", I am referring to a blatant REALITY. Haiti is a nation inhabited by 99% Africans, created in a righteous fight against white slave makers from the very nations that have been negatively affecting her political and economic life for the last 200 years. So, what's so disheartening about telling it like it is? Is it rational to expect black folks to forever sport a stupid grin while dancing bare foot around the racial issues affecting their nations?

[quote]The cheap shots on Mayor Guiliani and the NYPD were uncalled for.[/quote]
Have people really been so hypnotized by media hype? Why is it the record of "zewo tolerans" mayor of the city where Amadou Diallo was murdered with 41 gun shots by a police hit sq
uad, in the same year that Patrick Dorismond and countless others were gunned down in the dark alleys of NYC, while Abner Louima, another Haitian brother, was sodomized some years earlier. cannot be called to question according to the very people who find it their privilege to undermine even the nomination of Haiti's Police chief by the Head of State of that nation? What is it that gives Guiliani full immunity from criticism while any black leader anywhere can be criticized by any bozo fresh off the plane?

[quote]Don't bite the hand that feeds you. The US, Canada, and France have for years have all tried to help Haiti better itself.[/quote]
Come on, in 2003, this kind of baseless pronouncement simply doesn't cut it Brian. Hands that are feeding who? Fact is, Africans in Haiti have literally fed French, Spanish, British, German and other European men, women and children for several centuries. First by their work on the slave plant
ations, even with their own mothers' milk, then by their sweat working on all kinds of anti-national projects contracted to benefit SHADA, HASCO, USAID, FRAPH, the Sweatshops, everyone and everything but the hard working Haitian population.

[quote]I am only speaking of the nineties to the present. If the world did not Care for Haiti, they would not have taken out the militant military that was Murdering Haitians daily.[/quote]
First of all Brian, we are not talking about the world here. It is the US that orchestrated and led the show in 1994. It was not to take a so-called 'militant military' out but to cover and recover the mess they had created. We all know that CEDRAS, MICHEL FRANCOIS, TOTO CONSTANT and the rest of them drug dealing CIA agents were U.S. property. It is your government which arranged their cozy retirements in Panama, Brooklyn, Ecuador etc. The killings conducted during these 3 years of the CIA-FAdH coup were m
eant to destroy the nascent solidarity between the revolutionary pro-democracy militants of the professional class (Izmery, Malary, Jean-Marie Vincent etc.) and the less privileged peasant and impoverished 'hood militants who always represent the greatest fear of all guardians of organized race-based disorder in our modern world. And, indeed, the CIA boys seem to have been quite successful. As we all witness today that many Haitians are so tired and confused, they are almost willing to openly welcome some sort of white minority rule in Haiti, albeit under the cover of OAS administered demoKKKracy.

It may help a Euro-American's conscience to claim:

[quote]Haiti's problem is the mistake of a leader that We put in place in 94. Aristede is a Clintonian. He cares only for himself and not the country of Haiti.[/quote]
But, history is stubborn in displaying for all eyes to see that the friends of Haiti have stood by François Duvalier, j
ust as the friends of the Congo stood by Mobutu. These same friends MURDERED Patrice Lumumba, Antoine Izméry and Guy Malary. But, of course, it is easier to pretend not to know that things are not as they look on CNN. It is strategically useful to blast everywhere that "Aristide's Haiti" is poor since this helps to hide the ugly fact that Haiti's BLACKS have been living in the midst of abject poverty since the first one of our foremothers landed on the shores of that island 500 years ago. And that for the same reasons that white Zimbabweyans are rich in an impoverished country, white Haitians do not live in Site Katon, no more than do white Americans starve or get shot by stray bullets in Washington or NYC slums which we all (even Ascroft) know now do exist. So, trying to trivialize our situation by reducing the discourse to make it revolve around a single man (be it Aristide, Mugabe or N'Krumah) is a tired strategy that no longer fools anyone who is unwilling to play that game. That's the truth Ruth and
you know it!

[quote]I really enjoyed the 2.2 million US dollars that Aristede and his cronies used to fix the national highway north of PAP. I am sorry... I meant fill the potholes and stick FLAGS up out in the middle of nowhere. The problem is Aristede takes the money that those countries give him and misuses it. I work for DOT and I can tell you that 2.2 million dollars covers a lot more than potholes. They could have stripped the road down and rebuilt a good portion of it, if they needed to for less than the 2.2.[/quote]
Brian, I have no doubt that Bush and his cronies are also misusing U.S. funds every day. Millions of dollars that should have gone to inner city development projects are being wasted on political favors, bombardments of poor people all over the globe etc. but do you see Haitians, Jamaicans, Zimbabweyans, Chinese, Japanese, African-Americans spending millions trying to overthrow your president?

It is th
e privilege of adult Americans to elect a moron to replace their former gigolo Head of State. It is the adult people of Haiti's privilege to elect Aristide and to get rid of him when election times comes again, if they so chose. In your country some folks even cheated to expose the world to the great dangers we are all facing today because of your selected president. Yet we are all civilized about it. Why can't most foreigners be just half as civilized toward Haitians?

[...] The corruption present in Haiti's government is the business of Haitians and Haitians alone. It is our responsibility as grown men and women (not boys) to deal with that.

You speak of countries that have given money to Haiti for this that and the other thing. What countries, when, how and under what conditions?. And, if these countries don't trust the Haitian government so, why don't they simply keep their money to themselves?

I am sorry to be getting into such a simplistic discussion with you Brian, because we a
ll know full well that this is not how the world really works. We know that none of these countries GIVE anything to Haiti, Africa etc. rather they invest their dollars according to their interests. So, it is perfectly understandable that mass murderers like Pol Pot, Bokassa, Duvalier and Marcos got millions falling all over them, invested by those who wanted to maintain the terms of their wicked exploitation of the impoverished peoples of the world. WE ALL KNOW THAT, SO LET'S STOP PRETENDING OTHERWISE!

[quote]I agree that France, the US and others prior to the modern era treated Haiti with disrespect. That was in the past, but let bygones be bygones.[/quote]
No Brian, Toto Constant is not in the past. He is living right in the middle of New-York with his CIA bosses. The arrogant speeches of Roger Noriega, Colin Powell, Ascroft etc. are not in the past. The false documents produced by Jesse Helms to demonize the Haitian Head of St
ate are not in the past, they are still in the U.S. Congress if I am not mistaken. The abject poverty Haitian farmers are forced to live under because their crops have been destroyed by RICE DUMPING from florida.none of that is in the past. The missionaries invading Haiti with their archaic racist self-hate propaganda, fueling inter-Haitian fratricidal violence is not in the past either.

Haiti's current government may very well be too corrupt, may have made too many compromises with your corrupt US government and more than likely contains too many brainwashed and scared affranchis to lift their heads up and fight as they ought to, but this does not forgo the HAITIAN People's right to look anyone in the eye and tell them what time it really is.

[quote]I love Haiti and pray that they will see the fruits of a prosperous government but I assure you that kicking the 'foreigners' out will not help Haiti.[/quote]
Brian, I would
have said thank you but your or anyone's prayers won't do any more good to Haiti - no more than the prayers of Las Casas did for the Tainos. We're done heard all these bogus prayers to a fake god. What we demand is that your government gets pressured by people of conscience to stop treating Haitians, Zimbabweyans, South Africans. black people everywhere like children or imbeciles. To stop providing guns to former FAdH soldiers in the Dominican Republic so they could stage the comeback with help from the CIA which has been forecasted by the Washington Post since Feb 2, 2001 and rehearsed many times since (August 2001, December 2001 and very recently at Peligre and other border town attacks). I did not advocate that the Haitian State kicks out foreigners indiscriminately. Haitians have never been xenophobes even when dealing with the most xenophobe of guests - invited or otherwise...and that also, we both know for a fact. I do indeed advocate that Haiti's government declares persona non grata these nostalg
ic foreign diplomats who have left the bounds of diplomacy to engage themselves in neo-colonial activities in Haiti. And, indeed, I suspect you understood me full well the first time around. So let us stop speaking in tongues. Time is not on my side.

And finally, let me state for the record that institutionalized racial slavery was not a "disrespect", it is a CRIME for which the arrogant and irresponsible criminal has not yet been forced to pay his debt. The theft of Haiti's gold reserves was no simple "disrespect", it is GRAND THEFT. The murders of our political leaders are not mere disrespects. Africans who have thrown away the fake white Jesus image and no longer kneel and pray to it, simply have no use for this kind of nonsense. We are resolved to no longer help others trivialize our realities as they also proceed to whitewash their own governments CRIMES against our peoples.

Thank you and may the real Creator bless you!
Jafrikayiti
[/quote]

Gifrants

whose government is it anyway?

Post by Gifrants » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:00 pm

Most of the rhetoric about foreign countries and foreigners, about White people and Black people in a racial context, has always been counterproductive because most of the times, it contains gross generalization, and it shows that most of my Black brothers cannot handle very well the dialectic between themselves and most White people.

What does Jafrikayiti know about the new Chief of Police? What are his credentials? My asking such questions does not mean at all that I agree with the intervention of those foreign countries or officials. However, I will remind Jafrikayiti that Aristide did agree to have the former NY Police Chief train the Haitian Police Force. Do you know what else he did agree to? Do you know whether or not they have the psychological profile of all former Army Officers who are now enrolled in the Police Force or the SWAT Team? What are the facts you know about the selection of this new Police
Chief?

Who in the first place begged an International intervention in Haiti? I feel very good talking about that. Aristide was not a soldier, even less a fighter. He had a big mouth. Just like Papa Doc, despite of all his rethoric, he is still a coward. That supported my argument that the opposition was never ready to confront the Duvalier and their regime. If today those foreign countries can do almost whatever they want in Haiti, that's because somebody kneeled in front of them. He was not me, and more, he was not somebody I wanted to rule Haiti.

[quote]Do not cut off the fingers that are feeding you.[/quote]
Brian's reply is very patronizing. I will remind Brian that some of us, true and good Haitians, do not need the world to take care of Haiti, or to think of Haiti. We clearly understand the need to be part of the international community. We are not afraid to pay the ultimate sacrifice with pride and courage in order to prove to ourselves first that we can achi
eve what we believe is good for us and our human fellow brothers and sisters.

We all believe that the day when the Mossad or any Israeli forces will be the bodyguards of a Palestinian leader or any Arab leader, the Middle East will be a strange place to live. We all believe also that the day, when the bodyguards of Fidel Castro will be American born—most of them might have even participated in the American invasion of the Bay of the Pigs—Cuba will be a strange place to live.

But for you, Jafrikayiti, I believe is OK for President Jean Bertrand Aristide to have foreigners as his bodyguards, and Americans too by the way. Yes, it is OK even though their fathers are the killers of Charlemagne Peralte. Yes, it is OK even though the fathers of the CEO's of this Security Agency may have taken part in mass killings, rapes and sodomy of our grandfathers and grandmothers.

We also know how much they are being paid, Jaf. Do you remember who Aristide was? How could he afford to pay so much money? Are
we, the Haitian people, paying those foreigners for his security?

Whose government is this anyway? Aristide asked for a foreign intervention.

Whose government is this anyway? Aristide dismantled the Armed Forces.

Whose government is this anyway? The Police is still trained by the Americans just like under Duvalier.

Whose government is this anyway? Papa Doc's Security Personnel was both Blacks and Mulattos—Haitians, please.

Whose government is this anyway? Baby Doc's Security Personnel was both Blacks and Mulattos—Haitians, please.

Whose government is this anyway? The wedding of Baby Doc to a mulatto cost him his power.

Whose government is this anyway? The business dealings of Mrs. Aristide, (American?) with a former American President are good business. I'm sure you agree.

Jaf, I can go on and on. Let me tell you this. The funds are not being released for two major reasons—

The first one—It is good business. The Americans—Arab-Americans—the Fren
ch, the Canadians, the Germans are still making money, Aristide is still making money. The new addition to this list is the Dominicans with prostitution and more—la prostituciòn y màs.

The second one is control. Aristide was a nobody, and he should remain a nobody with a lot of money. He has insulted a lot of people with his language. The Pope is also included in his diatribes. First, they tried to kill Aristide in Haiti. Something could have happened in Venezuela. He moved to the States. I learned that Castro was totally disgusted by this move. They had him to beg and kneel. They broke his back, which was not strong at all by the way. They brought him back. He became the frustrated Affranchi who cannot do without his masters, too busy to prove himself on behalf of himself.

Whose government is this anyway? It is my government, and I speak for myself. I dislike it. I did not elect it. I also clearly understand that I have to endure its deeds and actions. You see, Jaf, the notion of integrity is v
ery important one in politics. When the integrity of a politician to his party supercedes his integrity to his country, the whole nation suffers. It has happened many times in the history of the USA, and it is happening right now. This has been rampant in Haiti. The big difference is in the States, their institutions are strong enough to review history, learn from it, and make the proper corrections as suitable they may be. In Haiti, we have no institutions. Jaf, money can only build those buildings where those institutions are located, but the mind is the cradle of those institutions with the values it intends to live up to.

Do you expect a priest to have $400 million dollars? How can a priest “earn” $400 million dollars? Why would a priest need $400 million dollars? What do you think he would do with $400 million dollars? My government has an elected priest who has been defrocked.

Do you think a priest needs money to live with positive values?
Do you think a priest needs money to live with
compassion?
Do you think a priest needs money to live with freedom?
Do you think a priest needs money to recruit men of good faith?
Do you think a priest needs money to sit down and reach a compromise with his enemies?
Do you think a priest needs money to obey the law?
Do you think a priest needs money to convince his constituency?
Why does a priest embrace politics in the first place?
Why does a priest preach violence in the first place?
Why does a priest in power still embrace violence?
Why do we have such a violent bloodshed in Haiti when a priest is in power?

Have you ever tried to dig his mind? What is it much easier for you to question the involvement of foreign countries in our internal affairs instead of questioning Aristide? What do you think about the international community re-electing Cuba among the Human Rights Commission despite of the objection of the United States of America? Do you seriously believe that Jean Bertrand Aristide is a leader? If so, Jaf, what ki
nd of leader is he? What has he done for us? We are now talking about 17 years, from 1986-2003, what has happened with Aristide on the political scene? Did the pluses of his involvement in politics outweigh the minuses?

Which government is it anyway? Unfortunately, it is mine. I'm doing everything I can to deal without it. My patriotism demands so.