Alexandre Paul for President

T-dodo

Alexandre Paul for President

Post by T-dodo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:50 am

Alexandre Paul, a career diplomat, announced yesterday, February 8, 2005, on Alex St Surin's radio program in Miami, Carrefour, that he was a candidate for president. Among other things that he indicated, Mr. Paul's campaign will be based on family principles and promised not to change after becoming president, if elected. However, like most candidates in Haiti in general, the promises are not backed up by factual and detailed programs. We will have to wait and see before we can draw a profile as future president.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:01 pm

Jean-Marie, I never heard of Alexandre Paul... A career diplomat... where?

T-dodo

Post by T-dodo » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:57 am

Guysanto,

Je suis en train de vérifier mes sources pour pouvoir répondre à ta question.

Jean-Marie

T-dodo

Post by T-dodo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:24 pm

Guy,

I don't know whether the word "career diplomat" was too strong to describe Mr. Paul. But he has been since Duvalier at least consul in the Bahamas and in Miami. Unfortunately, I could not obtain any written references other than what people who called during the radio show, who remembered him during his time as consul, to thank him, and also what the show host confirmed to me. I do remember when I moved to Miami, back in the 80s when a visa was needed to go to Haiti, that he was the consul here for Miami. It would be nice if someone else can find some more references for our information.

Jean-Marie

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:35 pm

Thanks, Jean-Marie. I was not truly challenging whether the man deserved to be called a "career diplomat". I was just expressing my surprise at having never heard anything about him in the past. Which only goes to prove...that I have something to learn every single day.

By the way, Someone reported to me that Paul Arcelin is also running for President. Can you confirm this? Where can we find an updated list of all the declared candidates?

Of course, those questions are not for Jean-Marie only, but for anyone who would have the answers.

T-dodo

Post by T-dodo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:41 pm

Guy,

I have been trying to get that list, but to no avail now. I could not find anything on the Internet. It was reported there were over 100 candidates. Perhaps, those were just people who expressed intent. But, at the same time, I believe it was Manigat who claimed to be the first official one. If so, how can they have over 100 when only one is official! Anyway, I am looking for it if we can find it.

Jean-Marie

T-dodo

Post by T-dodo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:35 pm

Kanmarad Serge,

Mèsi anpil pou ti travay rechèch sa ou fè. Kesyon an kounye a, eske jounalis en Ayiti pral mande misye poul pran responsablite lan zafè sa.

Jean-Marie