Ann Pale needs more recipes

Guysanto
Site Admin

Ann Pale needs more recipes

Post by Guysanto » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:19 am

Could a "cordon bleu" angel provide us some new recipes, please?

Leonel, you always brag about your mother's cooking. Could she help in that regard? It does not have to be textbook writing. Any and all pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Everyone who comes to this forum looks at the recipes, but almost without exception everyone is stingy in terms of contributing a favorite recipe or contributing to this forum.

Come on, "mangeurs" and "bec fins" of Ann Pale! Wake up. Even if you cannot cook the meal yourself, you can tell us about your favorites.

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:23 am

It's been nine whole months, but my prayer has finally been answered. Thank you, IsabelleF!

Isabelle Fassinou

Haitian recipes

Post by Isabelle Fassinou » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:04 pm

Guy:

I really love cooking and of course Haitian cooking is high on the list. I actually collect Haitian cooking books. Please do let me know if you know of any additional ones.

The following is the list of what I have:

Fine Haitian Cuisine A broad collection of Haitian recipes by Mona Cassion Menager

A Taste of Haiti by Myrta Yurnet-Thomas and the Thamas Family

Mountain Maid Best Made by Wolfe (Author) & Turnbull (Author)

The art & soul of Haitian cooking by the Haitian Institute

La Cuisine de Margot de Marguerite Manigat-Paul

Le goût d'Haiti de Stephanie Renault-Armand

Recettes simples de cuisine haitienne et conseils utiles de ménage de Niniche Gaillard

Cuisine sélectionée de Herzulie Magloire-Prophéte

Cuisine et patisserie de Mme Arthur Rampy

I have a few more and will add them when I get home.

Isabelle Fassinou

Foire de la Gastronomie Haitienne

Post by Isabelle Fassinou » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:55 pm

Webgal & Guysanto:

Is that a website or a book? If Yes (case of website) could you provide the URL.

Thank you,
IsabelleF

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Yes, it is a booklet, but more than that (I think) it was an event (a gastronomy fair). It was produced by the Ministry of Culture during the presidency (I or II ?) of Jean-Bertrand Aristide. I have to look for the booklet again (no small task) to give you the precise date. I was not a witness to the event, but luckily a friend of Windows on Haiti sent me the book of recipes.

All the recipes were previously published, several years ago, in Ann Pale I and are now brought over to Ann Pale II for your convenience.

[By the way, we have a longstanding plan of merging the two forums, and we have been working on that for quite a while - the technical barriers to that objective have proved to be quite significant.]