To the Graduates…. and the Parents!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 15, 2005 1:18 pm

I love my three children to death, but I am looking for the day when I can finally be home with my wife alone, as it was in the beginning.

I don't want to HAVE to listen to their crazy music. I am tired of their constantly bringing fast food home or always asking to buy Papa John's, Taco Bell, etc. I want to run around in my undies, if I want to (a friend of mine says that the best part of his children's leaving home is that he can now walk around naked in the house... no, I don't go quite that far. I am in favor of total nudity in the bedroom and bathroom alone, except when occasionally you get a certain urge to "do it" elsewhere in the house... but I don't want to know about it.) A lot of parents dread the Empty Nest Syndrome. I can't wait for it. Hopefully, my children will not move too far away, so I can go and visit them once in a while, and they can come and visit their parents when they feel like it. But I had rather not
have them as close as the bedroom next door. No way.

Empty Nest Syndrome, my foot!

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Tue May 17, 2005 6:39 am

I differ to a certain extent. I love to walk naked, which I do anyway sometimes... I would want my kids to be on their own sometimes. But, after Grad School or reaching a certain age or maturity. When they can fly on their own. They are mine, as long as I am alive, they are going to be my sweethearts forever...

I am here to protect end cherish them. I would love for them to be very successful, but I am aware that people have a mind on their own. By saying this, I would be very harsh with: unwanted Pregnancies, Drugs or any other lifestyles which are contrary to my values. That is the extent of my tough love.

Even after a divorce or bad break, if I am still there. They can count on Dad's love and care. I know for sure that my mom wouldn't have a problem today or anytime with one of us coming in to live with her. I will be the same way. I will be their God, waiting with my arms wide open.

People don't have kids, the kids hav
e them. Colllege or not, successful or not, they will be my trash.

I probably need some help, cause myself, I could count on my parents anytime.

leonel

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 17, 2005 7:45 am

[quote]I would be very harsh with: unwanted pregnancies[/quote]

Well, Leonel, it's not something that you can truly be harsh with, once it happens. It's the PREVENTION that counts. It's like, how can you be harsh with an earthquake?

In an ideal world (see our debates on perfection), all pregnancies would be wanted and well prepared for. In the real world, you just have to deal with it, as sensibly as you possibly can. And the day you become a grandpa (by mistake), you also become proud as a peacock of your beautiful grandson or granddaughter.

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Tue May 17, 2005 10:14 am

[quote]...A lot of parents dread the Empty Nest Syndrome. I can't wait for it. Hopefully, my children will not move too far away, so I can go and visit them once in a while, and they can come and visit their parents when they feel like it.[/quote]
If not the empty nest syndrome, can we talk about close nest syndrome? We kick them out but not too far from us. It's too early for me anyway, my oldest is just 13. I'll have to wait and see what will happen.

gelin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue May 17, 2005 3:29 pm

I really like what you expressed here, Marilyn. Thanks for sharing!