Black woman, mother of all races?

admin
Site Admin

Black woman, mother of all races?

Post by admin » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:26 am

Ezili Danto has claimed a few times on this forum that a Black woman is the mother of all the races.

Ezili, I do not understand. What is the nature of this claim? Is it allegorical, metaphysical or historical? Just what does this mean and how THAT Black woman came to be?

Perhaps your answer will be that the Black Woman is Mother Africa, the continent which evolutionary scientists point to as the location where Homo sapiens first appeared, who later migrated to the North and truly to the entire world. Then I would have answered my own question, but I get the feeling that you are leaving something unsaid... something most mysterious.

You know how I like to delve into mysteries.

Ezili Danto

A mystery she is.....with many layers yet uncovered.

Post by Ezili Danto » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:38 am

She's more. Yes.

The Black Woman I write about, is more than what you outline above, Guy. She's also more than:

[quote]"Mother Africa, the continent which evolutionary scientists point to as the location where Homo sapiens first appeared, who later migrated to the North and truly to the entire world." [/quote]

Guy, you say:

[quote] "..... I get the feeling that you are leaving something unsaid... something most mysterious." [/quote]

Perhaps.

Remember this line?

"Red pours, red pours, red pours. Reaching...for Black, keeps me from bursting into flames!"

It is what it is. More than mysterious, pivotal in fact, to Haitians, in particular. With many layers yet to be lifted. You've attended at least two stage performances of mines. I'm sure if you set your mind to it, you'll find your own interpretations......

Ezili Danto

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:05 am

[quote]I'm sure if you set your mind to it, you'll find your own interpretations......[/quote]
But, say, sister of the blood red cells, fiery woman of flesh and bones, lest you consume me along, do keep from bursting into flames...... Written somewhere in my cybergenetic code is the belief that spirituality knows no bound. I am therefore programmed to ask:

Is it at all possible that THAT Black woman is the sister or the Mother of Michael de Nebadon, the Creator of Urantia and yet undiscovered eighth and tenth superuniverses?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Ezili Danto

The Black Mother - she's Moroccan too! It's true.

Post by Ezili Danto » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:54 pm

Guy, I surely don't know a thing about the superuniverses to comment. But about the Black mother of all the races, I could re-explain. But the answers are in my posts....

Let's, for a minute, move further ahead, go directly to racism and the denigration of the Black mother. Her existence is no longer questioned. So, let's go down the road less traveled…….Are you ready?

What did pre-history Africa look like? Not just Egypt and North Africa but West, Central and South Africa? Do my Haitian children know? Do my African-American children know? In fact, do the African leaders know?

And, do we also know the role of the Black woman in society, before the Mediterranean males arrived; before the Romans got to Africa; before, the 7th century, when the first light-skinned invaders - these wild bands of marauding Asiatic/Arab males, arrived in North Africa?

Historically, part of the answer to your question, Guy, lie in the answers to the above questions. No doubt, there are metaphysical, allegorical and spiritual facets to your questions. I don't directly address them. We accept the Black mother is mother of all the races. Now what? What does this mean? Let's take it a few steps further, shall we?

It is recorded that at the dawn of time, as the gender that gives birth, women were the primary divine figures.

If that is true, how did the Black mother become so denigrated? And her dark issues so persecuted, globally. How did racism start?

Here is a small personal anecdote that covers part of the issue:

Last week, on Friday, I was sitting at the bar of a popular restaurant waiting for our table to be ready. When a very-light-almost-white Moroccan man began a conversation with me. "You look Moroccan, he said. "I like your headwrap." "You've got such fine features. Where are you from?"

He was full of good cheer and wanted to buy us drinks.

"Where are you from, he asks me again?" "I am from Haiti."
"Ohhhh, but you look Moroccan!"

He was so into it. I did not want to further deflate. So, I said, "We are all related you know. All the races come from one Black woman, the scientists say. So, you too, are Black-like-me" I said.

Now, everyone who knows me, my work and my reference points, know I am sincerely giving this man a HUGE compliment, right? No so the world. No so he.

"No," he responds. "I am a white African!"

"No such thing." I responded. "Yes", he insists. "I am a white African!"

"Not if you consider Africa is the Black continent and, go deeper, and consider you are related back to that original Black woman, no matter what your journey back to Africa looked like when your light-skinned forefathers invaded North Africa."

"Well," he reconsiders, "O.K, But I am a discolored Black."

This was going to hurt him more than me. My friends are looking at me sideways to say "Don't," But, you know I did.

Poor man. This was "Happy Hour" at the place. His bad luck. He had sat down to try his macking routine on the wrong woman. He figured, I would be enthralled by "He," being a "White African," telling me, I looked like "His own." He figured also, to place this anecdote, within the Forum question at hand, that I would deny my Black mother as most of us cultural hostages tend to do. But, here I was pointing out that I don't only consider Sub-sahara Africa as "Black" But that I claim the whole African continent for the Black mother, if not the world! Here I was telling him to drop the "discolored" bit and just say ‘I am Black."

Why are the Chinese, who were originally Black so racists today? Why are the Japanese so racist? Why do the Chinese and Japanese grudgingly admire the "white race" and think they fall second in the global racial hierarchy line? When and why did the Black Woman's darker child get to be so maligned? Can we go back to that junction in world history
and explain it? Did it happen when the Black goddess was demoted to the "virgin mother?"

What an oxymoron, a mother who is a virgin?

Why where the Arab males, then European males, who invaded the motherland, so afraid of the Black mother's civilizations, which civilizations, provided the initial seed for all the world's cultures? Why was the Black goddess re-imaged? Neutralized, circumcised (literally and ideologically) by theologies and cosmologies and ideological concepts that make no practical or scientific sense? Does it require immigrants to the motherland to do this to the Black woman? Did the settlers have to rule through the elevation of "The Sons?" Is that the genesis yet to be uncovered of the "Son" as the only "Light of the World?

What was the role of the African mother, and therefore the oldest women societies on earth - what did these oldest woman-based societies look like before the Romans, Arabs, then Europeans male and their armies and guns got to Africa? What was the Black women's role in traditional African cosmologies, mythologies, legends, history, science, politics? Before Christianity? Before Allah and Jesus took root within Africa's Black female wombs. How did the Goddess, the Black Madonna Goddess de-evolved as the primary religious figures into the "discolored" Virgin Mary?

No wonder Ezili Danto lost her tongue!!!!!!

Can you reach for BLACK?

Did Haiti do just that........at Bwa Kayiman?

Politically, a brief answer is that there is a global racial hierarchy out there, with the European "white race" at the top, Chinese/Japanese just below (or so they would like to claim), the "white" Arabs following, then "white" Indians and then all Black Africans at the bottom, which started more than a few millenniums ago, destroying women, as the primary divine/or religious figures in society; - meaning therefore, there is a global racial hierarchy constructed to destroy the Black woman, as she was the first race of females on earth and the first primary divine/religious figure in ancient society.

This is simplistic, but I don't have much time today. So here goes:

Ancient male priests learned, early on, if they rewrote the rules and tweaked the biological fatalistic agenda, control "God-"the-female-through subordination and the assimilation of Her sons into buying their own superiority over their mothers, they could maintain their domination and dynasties. Thus, the ancient Goddess myths were rewritten. All the great religions come out of Africa and re-wrote the Goddess scriptures by changing her alphabet and points of references to suit patriarchic purposes. Then as each series of male invaders marched in and out of Africa and around the world, this patriarchy and lighter skin-color became a surefire way to maintain the conquest of this Woman's societies. Today, all the races are involved with the denigration of the Black mother. Racism cuts across the races, began millenniums ago. But, there is
a global racial hierarchy, led by European whites, in the last 500-years that has taken the denigration of the Black mother and goddess to the 'nth degree.

It's not a class issue of rich vs. poor within these Western or Eastern societies. No, because the skin issue cuts across class and is held together by the white global racial hierarchy that helps to shape the power and the prejudices of each race. The power enjoyed within this hierarchy that was built on the denigration of the "Black goddess" and divine mother, does not simply reside in an abstraction of "economic class" within a given culture or race, but in the skin pigmentation, and, to a lesser extent, in the physical characteristics of each and every person on this planet, no matter their actual race or culture.

It could be summed up as the "moving away" of humanity from source, from Go(o)d - the Black goddess or original Black mother.

Red pours, red pours, red pours. Reaching...for BLACK....

History tells us that if not for the migrations of Black people out of Africa, first to the East - then North across the planet, all peoples today would still be Black. Can we trace the global racial hierarchy, with light-skinned at the top, to the first African groups that migrated out of Africa into the Asiatic/Middle East and Arab worlds, to China and on to Europe, losing their pigmentation along the way. How did this translate to the racism and theologies the Arabs brought back to help decimate, Vodouist Africa. To divide the Black motherland from the 7th century up, which a racism that was, later, globalized by the European Christians, from 1438 to now, 2003.

Today Africa cannot be analized separate from the devastation of Islam and Christianity. Today in Nigeria the Yorubas are being persecuted by the Nigerian Christians. We know the slavery going on between the Black Arabs and Black Africans in the Sudan. It all goes back to the denigration of the Black woman.

Haiti is the only Black nation that reached.......No African nation has yet made that leap. M'beki, I ask you "How deep is that?"

Whenever someone insists on their mythical "whiteness" I am always wondering, is there any remnants of the Black mother, the Black divinity, still buried deep within the psyche of these old invaders whose ancestors, had, over the centuries outside of Africa, lost their pigmentation and began to base their cultures on the glorification of said lost of melanin? Is this memory truly lost to those at the top of the global race hierarchy, or, merely vociferously denied for very profound psychological and political reasons?

Ezili Danto

Ezili Danto

Haitians have a legacy to reach for.......

Post by Ezili Danto » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:25 pm

Jete dlo, Jete dlo, Jete dlo!

I was born Haitian precisely because of what happened on August 14, 1791.

I was born Haitian because Africa's children, for once, stopped identifying with their captors and their captors creed(s) and called on what they could remember of the original Black mother's creed.

Children in Mauritania still awaits Her return as well as all over Northern Africa where they are still enslaved, ensnared in creeds reinterpreted to destroy the Black mother's significance in human history.

They say, it was these invaders who brought in female circumcision; that such things as patriarchy and female circumcision did not exist in traditional Africa.

Are we ready, in this Forum, to see Haiti's significance yet?

Are there many modern Haitian men ready, like Boukmann was, on August 14, 1791, to "Kanga Mundele."

Boukmann listened to a Manbo - who could have been raised/converted in the Muslim creed in Africa, just as Boukmann may have been. Boukmann, this Neg Bossal listened to and heard a "mere" womanly spirit, who told him to "Kanga Mundele." The Black goddess inspired him and showed him his destiny, helping him to bring into existence the first Black nation founded on the Black mother's culture, Vodun. Not, the captors' creeds. Nothing like this had happened in world history after 900 years of Islamic conquest and more than 300 years of Christian conquest.

"Kanga Mundele" the goddess told Her Sons. Boukmann listened. Can her other Sons hear?

Given that, back then, there had been more than 900 years of Jihads in Africa, where the indigenous Black men where destroyed, assimilated or became, like today's Black neocons, overseers for the captors, leaving the Black woman, all over North Africa, as the captors' chattel and sexual slaves. Yes, it's no wonder the Black woman lost her tongue. Can you still hear Her cries. Daughter Africa's cries, like I can? Many lives, just one. Yet, few remember Her. Most, deny the Black mother of all the races, every day, in a myriad of ways.

Given that in the "New World", for more than 300 years, Black woman where, not only tied into chattel bondage, but sexual servitude to both old white men, young white men - any kind of white, and, any Black overseer or then Black opportunist who felt the urge - is it any wonder, so many, brainwashed into believing they were responsible for being made "the whores" and "beasts of burden." Is it any wonder so many of my sisters, in the US especially, flocked to the Jesus creed.

The Nazarene forgave the prostitute. Is it any wonder, pious- asexual-church-going-mammy became our model of accepted Black femininity….Is it any wonder Black men still say it's easier to be with a "white woman" because she doesn't have "issues" -sexual or social. Her place is taken for granted where "the beast of burden" must still prove herself and her children's worth.

Who will jete dlo in oblation, erect alters in tribute to reclaim the Black mother?

Besides Haiti, what country, on this earth, do you know that came into existence by reclaiming the traditional, African-derived culture of mother Africa?

Spilled blood, labored, sacrificed and defended themselves in order to keep that culture alive for 200 years of Christian-sponsored containment-in-poverty? Go all around the world, and the answer is: None but Haitians! The most formidable protectors of Africa's sacred trust.

Being so associated with the Black mother has given us-Haitians a vilified image. For Vodun is, the Mother of the Races' vilified image never lain to rest, attacked from all sides, so pitiable and yet so unpitied. Vodun, is how She became folklored and memorialized in song, dance, drumming and sacred arts. Vodun is what we have left of Her in Haiti. And, Vodun is why Haiti came to be.

Yet the task is huge – a whole continent awaits our recognizing our purpose. A whole world awaits. In India, the Black untouchables await the rise of the Black Goddess. In Mauritania, the African traditionalist who are being enslaved by the Arab Africans, await Her. They await Her rise in the Sudan. In China with their Blacker caste segregated. In America, we await in the ghettos in prisons, both literal and mental prisons. What a task, for a small piece broken away from Africa, floating in the Caribbean Sea. The Black mother's sons and daughters never earn any rest as we are sure, at this very moment a child of the darkest part of Africa is being beaten somewhere, killed somewhere, tortured somewhere, on this planet, solely because their skin is darker in the societies in which they live.

Boukmann knew the ancient ancestral names to call forth in times of trials, for inspiration. Makandal knew. The Cacos knew .…The children of Mauritania, parts of Nigeria, Benin, Sudan are waiting to be reintroduce to these ancestors. Haiti must not drown in shame, paralysis, or confusion. Ayiti was forged out of the crucible of neither greatness of title nor high birth, but from killing the stranger within ("Kanga Mundele"), rejecting the captors' creeds to reach back to what is source, plowing through the scarlet past to touch what is wholeness and enlightenment - to touch the greatness of exploring one's self and of bringing vision to others who had lost pigmentation and/or had been unhinged from the Black womb.

It's a great legacy to rise and meet. Why bow in humility before their "gods." Do as Haiti did. Lift up your heads, save your own Black psyche - help liberate the world.

Ezili Danto

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:35 pm

Ezili, thank you for your thoughtful and elaborate answers. I mean no disrespect to you, when I say that to me they do not compute. Perhaps, I do not have the Black psyche of which you speak. I embrace with ease and without reservation the color of my skin and the ethnicity to which I pertain. Yet, I belong to a large and extended interracial family with little tolerance for racial complexes.

As you mentioned, I have attended two of your stage performances. I happen to think that you are the finest specimen of Haitian-American talent I have yet encountered. I have always rooted for you and I will continue to do so, even when we so noisily disagree as we have done one time before on the forum. In my view, this episode was very unfortunate. But overall, it has not changed the equation for me in a fundamental way. I am still awed by your interpretative talents. I respect your passion, your love for Haiti, for Vodun, for the Black race. More than your words could ever say, the fire in your eyes while you perform surpasses even your fiery rhetoric on this forum, to which we have grown accustomed. You are a volcano with molten lava, and the wonder truly is what keeps you from bursting into flames. You are the Black Woman of which you speak. How many thousands of years have you lived?

Still, to me, it does not compute, and once more I say this without a trace of disrespect. If all races come from a common source (whether a Black woman, Mother Africa, Vodun, or the Creator), then it follows that we are all the same race of people. In fact, that is what I believe. Whether we are all Blacks, all children of God, all incarnations of Vodun, all human beings (for lack of an uncommon word), our rhetoric should never serve to divide us. Family is family. We should certainly assert our differences, when that can be done in a way that is enriching the entire community. Life on Earth promotes diversity and generally shuns cloning (with very few exceptions). To promote our differences, however, in a way that sets us as superior to others is, in my view, not the way of the mythical Black woman who birthed us all.

The entire history of Mankind on this planet is one of injustice and inequity and the fight to reverse such and attain ideals of justice and equity that give purpose to our lives. The Haitian Revolution is inscribed in the annals of mankind's heroic struggle against its very nature. Of that we are justifiably proud. When groups of people (of whatever ethnic, sexual, racial, or religious identity), in the past as in the present, set out to oppress others in the Family of Man (the descendants of your celebrated Black woman), it is of course your duty, my duty, our duty to denounce them for what they do. That is what you do so well on occasion and the reason I still hold you in my highest esteem. However, to stand so resolutely on a black-white-and-other dialectic as you also do on occasion to affirm what is superior in us as a Black race, runs opposite to my concept of this "Black woman" as you call it, that has birthed all the races.

As someone else told me in a different discussion: "Why don't you contemplate your limitations, my man?", I duly contemplate my limitations in integrating all of your rhetoric with your quenchless thirst for justice. So, if I do not understand you well, after reading tons of your prose, blame it on my limitations and let's leave it at that. I do not intend to engage you in a personal discussion of the different ways we look at mankind, as this would inevitably lead to misinterpretations and misrepresentations (We know this too well, from experience). My intent is to communicate to you my personal reaction to the totality of what you write, but take it for what it's worth and continue the struggle as your conscience dictates.

In your corner... I am rooting for you amid occasional computer glitches and "do not compute" error messages.

Guysanto

Ezili Danto

I'm still reaching for Black....!

Post by Ezili Danto » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:26 pm

I still love you too Guy…. even though you say you cannot compute. But OK. I accept a computer man is able to compute only in certain pre-programmable codes. It's a perplexing quandary though, as said computer man could spot an 8trillion dollar mistake at the drop of a hat……and laugh and laugh his head off at me. But O.K, I accept what is, just is. We just have to find a way around it that empowers us both…..)

At the beginning when I read your question, I could see the pitfalls, knowing, where our paths separate........ So, I thought a non-answer would get me by. I answered your post directly, question for question. But I did not post it. I put it away and wrote something decipherable, but non-committal.

What the heck, we here now. Might as well post it next.

But before I do....I must say, I can't tell, specifically, from your answer above, just what exactly doesn't compute
? Perhaps the next Ezili Danto posts - will clear something. Perhaps.

Even better, maybe someone else, on the Forum, may have a better way of expressing than I. It's very important because sometimes I don't compute in general.... One plus one equals three! I'm still reaching for Black, growing….

I do surmise though, from past experience, perhaps the word "Black" grates your psyche. Yet, I agree absolutely, 100% (with just a little bit of tweaking, of your words below, that we are there, eyeball to eyeball, in total agreement.

I agree with this totally. You write: [quote]If all races come from a common source (whether a Black woman, Mother Africa, Vodun, or the Creator), then it follows that we are all the same race of people...... we are all Blacks,.....all human beings (for lack of an uncommon word), our rhetoric should never serve to divide us. Family is family. [/quote]

No doubt. Sur
e enough! Yet and still, there IS a global racist hierarchy out there with whites at the top. There is an ideology called "patriarchy" and "racism" present within all the "races" where white or lighter skin divides people; present, in other words, within ALL the classes - rich, middle class, poor. I call this the denigration of our common Black mother.

You write:[quote] "To promote our differences, however, in a way that sets us as superior to others is, in my view, not the way of the mythical Black woman who birthed us all." [/quote]

You are right. Absolutely. I am 100% percent there with you. It's a pretty thought also. But because the white Powers-that-be have set "God" in their own image - that is - Go(o)d in their own likeness only, when a white person defends injustices done to Blacks it's a good thing. In fact, it's their role, their patronizing doctrines maintain. Yet, when a Black person defends Africa'
s darker children on this earth, it is always received as an ATTACK on white, not a defense of injustices. Because "Blacks" role is legitimate ONLY when it pursues a neutered path or a path of identifying and defending the general white psyche.

Only ignorance would divide groups, cultures or "race" by superiority and inferiority labels. I don't. I know some pretty dumb white people, with PHDs, in fact. I know, at least one with a Yale education driving humanity to the brink of no return. And, he's got at least two dumb Black people in his cabinet. People are people with varying degrees of natural talents, skills and strengths and visions. Malnutrition, of the body, soul and mind affects a person's level of contribution to society. This, I believe is decent peoples task everywhere to rectify in order, to help bring the collective to perfect self-expression and moral actions. The race thing, as I've said before, was manufactured for divide and conquer purposes. Everyone is Black - if "Black" is defin
ed as one drop of African blood. How can a pure white race exists if we all are descendants of a Black woman, or, generally from the people of Africa? Perhaps, my "white" Moroccan friend would answer, "I am a discolored Black." I would still respond, drop the "discolored" and you've got it scientifically correct.

Thing is, ultimately I don't care one iota whether a person defines themselves white or Black. I do care that most Black children in this world are not sharing in the riches of this world's bounty and are being tortured primarily because of their skin color. I see it as a denigration of the Black woman's issues. I take it personally. It hurts me. I live to denounce and change it. I claim Black. It claims me. I have no choice but to defend my own. In so doing, I've learned, it will always be interpreted as in attack on white. So be it.

Ezili Danto

Ezili Danto

The Vodun Woman - Black Mother of all the Races

Post by Ezili Danto » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:29 am

Onè e respè to all:

Guy, as we are on the topic of the Vodun Woman - Black Mother of all the races, before I go on to the promised post, I take the liberty of re-printing here the "Vodun Woman." http://haitiforever.com/windowsonhaiti/ml07.shtml ).

[quote]VODUN WOMAN

i'm that Black girl who couldn't understand Nietzsche.
But i never had a problem understanding you are my Jailer, not, my Rescuer.

in the beginning i was unnamed, unseparated and undivided in an eternal womb, Anba Dlo. There's no description that fits it for me except Anba Dlo where i was, it was Black - i absorbed all light even while enjoying all the light tricks above me.

Then.... YOU came. With WORDS you called "eternal verities" - lights erasing Ezili Dantò.

i'm the pagan you called Catholic.
Most of your approximations of me so deforested me, they could not raise up my irreducible essence, Anba Dlo. So one day, i found myself in my ancestors land bringing development when i've always been totally against European development.

Back in those autumnal equinox days, i didn't know the lexicon for deconstructing ideological walls. But one night, a lifetime after the glory-in-the-flower days seemed gone forever, when reverence and splendor had flown and freedom wasn't liberating and kindness was called weakness, i caught a break.

The tools for combat crawled from my body when i went back to where i was born, both physically and spiritually. Back to Bwa Kayiman. it was an internal trip, see. Merciful Papa Legba opened a door and internally i came across intuitive flashes i could not know through thought.

Ezili Dantò, an aspect of my higher self i don't have access to with my normal sensory being, she came forth. And then i was that umbilical cord, that vertical axis intersecting the horizon, creating a nexus between the spiritual and physical worlds.

The imagery of red twisted around in my head, like rising red moons. Black radiance shimmered out from every pore impaling the swelling and waning Moons to stillness.

Red, Black and Moonlight swirled like waves, percolated and hounded me, harassed me, and followed me, pouring over me like the waterfalls at So Dlo. Until I lost my way within the internal struggle, entering this here poetic dreamspace where the curved core of my belly's flesh drew forth a knowing, uncoiled something.... A center I've got to get to? A past to rescue? A crashing plane to undo?

Papa Legba swung wide another locked door lan gran chemen a and that one night all the African Tricksters re-entered my dreams...

Now they say i'm a Vodun Woman...
Now they say i'm a Vodun Woman.

A man told me, he said:
"What's your Vodun's done?
What's your Vodun's done?
We've gone to the moon, cloned a sheep and invented TV.
What's your Vodun's done?"

"The frogs outlived the dinosaurs", i replied.
"A cockroach can survive a nuclear blast.
And yes, a man cloned a sheep and can even decide the sex of a child.
But they say
i'm a Vodun woman...
'cause frogs and cockroaches
are mine too and i can
stretchhhhhhhh a smile 'till… eternity comes".[/quote]

Vodun Woman - Black Mother of all the races. Does it still resonate? A bit of feedback in light of the current discussion, and Ezili Danto's posts on the subject would be appreciated on this performance piece I do.

Ezili Danto

(Vodun Woman is a copyrighted work of Marguerite Laurent; (c ) 2000. See, http://haitiforever.com/windowsonhaiti/ml07.shtml )

Ezili Danto

The darker the skin color the greater the prejudice

Post by Ezili Danto » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:38 am

Hello Jaf;

I've been missing you. Hope your project is moving ahead.

Let me see if I can better explain. Yes, you are right. In the societies where the African is in the majority, mental colonization reigns, self-hatred makes Africans bend over backwards to identify with whites as opposed to their own African-ness, to be pro-etranje.

I can see the imprecision with the term "the darkest part of Africa." But as I was addressing humanity's common tie to Africa, I meant it symbolically, universally to say, the more prominent the African features, the greater the abuse, globally.

It's a given, African peoples are hit with racism, in and outside of Africa and that self-hatred and self-doubt make us fear and condemn those, amongst us, who don't identify with the Powers-that-be. As I write this down, someone is in prison, someone is getting pulled-over by a (white or Black)
policemen, someone is being beaten, tortured, denied their very humanity, in a myriad of ways, simply because that someone is Black. But I also mean, to claim those not traditionally seen as "part of the darkest of Africa" and to point to racism beyond Western Societies and beyond Haiti or Africa. All over this earth, the global racial hierarchy is at work. The darker the skin color tone and more prominent the African features, the greater the abuse. Thus, a darker Indian, darker Malaysian, darker Moroccan, darker Liberian, darker Hawaiian, darker Egyptian, darker Japanese, darker Chinese, darker Filipino, darker Korean, darker East European, a darker Native American, a darker Jamaican, a darker Palestinian, a darker African in Africa or a darker Black in Haiti, et cetera ...the more social obstacles.

A whiter Moroccan in Africa, for instance, can pass….be a "white African!" and look down his nose at his darker, more "African-featured" Moroccan brothers. A whiter Jamaican may also "pass" et cetera,
in the societies in which they live. That's what I meant when I wrote:

[quote]"The Black mother's sons and daughters never earn any rest as we are sure, at this very moment a child of the darkest part of Africa is being beaten somewhere, killed somewhere, tortured somewhere, on this planet, solely because their skin is darker in the societies in which they live."[/quote]

Ezili Danto

Ezili Danto

One plus one equals three - Black Woman Mother of the Races

Post by Ezili Danto » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:33 am

Hello Guy;

Guy writes:[quote]"Ezili Danto has claimed a few times on this forum that a Black woman is the mother of all the races.

Ezili, I do not understand. What is the nature of this claim? Is it allegorical, metaphysical or historical? Just what does this mean and how THAT Black woman came to be?"[/quote]

This post directly address "Ann Pale's" 3 questions: 1)What is the nature of this claim? 2) What does this mean? and 3) How That Black woman came to be?

HOW THAT BLACK WOMAN CAME TO BE?

If we are talking about who gave birth to the FIRST human being (s), and we are assuming, She is, the very oldest skeletal remains there is and She is the FIRST, then "How That Black woman came to be?" is beyond anyone's real knowledge. Those answers lie in myths, legends, world cosmologies and religious
dogmas.

So let's quickly look at a few Haitian/African myths, legends and cosmologies that may address "How That Black woman came to be?"

MYTHICALLY - If we look at Haitian cosmology:

1. Perhaps SHE came to be because "one plus one is three."
2. Perhaps SHE was the original twin.
3. Perhaps "One and one is three" as She is unseparated, indivisible, mysterious, unnamed. As She is a mystical marriage of some of the sacred trinities - mind, body and soul.....past, present and future, et cetera, simultaneously.

No matter. Before it became a scientific fact, Vodouist believed everyone, in their world, as they knew it, were related directly - like parent to child - like Lè marasa, lè mor and lè mystè; like zanset yo e ti moun yo.

Lè marasa, lè mor and lè mystè
  • There are various ways of looking at the Haitian concept of Lè marasa, lè mor and lè mystè.
    The holy trinity of past, present and future.
    Of life as a circle.
    Of everything, tree, animal, moon, stars, earth as containing Go(o)d's enabling light.
    Of life as energies all connected and vibrating, molding, remolding and unmolding on unseen planes.
    Live as the serpentine movement of undulation, transforming multiplicity. Reaching for fusion, syncretism – synthesis.
    Culling "the Many" back to "the One."
    Reaching for Black.
HISTORICALLY/CHRONOLOGICALLY
How SHE came to be? has never been the Vodouists' issue. It was how THEY (Lè marasa -the male and female twin) came to be that I learned about.

But, one and one is three. So, perhaps one must mold all the folklore and myths together to get the whole picture? Perhaps, after we look at the 1)historical/chronological, 2) the metaphysical, 3) allegorical and spiritual/ritualistic we shall find a fuller picture in a way that simple compartmentalization cannot reveal?

But let's compartmentalize for the moment and look at the historical/chronological aspects.

The African ancestors in Haiti brought the power of their spirits to the New World where it has been maintained and syncretized, for generations, in the rituals of Vodun. Thus, we know, the Vodouist foreparents in Haiti synthesized, molded all their Yoruba, Fon, various other West African, then Kongo and Angolan beliefs; reblended these pagan codes to fit their circumstances, wrapped it with a sprinkling of European and New World facade, and passed it on, to their descendants in Haiti today, as Vodun.

It's plausible, I would say, though no one I know explains it quite this way, that: out of primordial darkness came the indivisible female TWIN. (Perhaps Ayida Wedo?) The TWIN had children becoming the first parent. The first parent died, eventually becoming the first Black goddess, lwa – divinity/saint after time unremembered. In Vodun, this trinity is also represented by the cross symbol, which points to the cosmic crossroad/meeting place/kalfou/Poto Mitan of the trinity (Lè marasa, lè mor and lè mystè). This trinity cuts across dimensions, time and space. And more particularly, for our discussion, ALL peoples and all energies, everything is connected - through this trinity – all the races on earth.

Except, we know the pagan Vodouists did not, in any way, create their cosmology to divide the world by gender, races or "chosen peoples" who are "superior" or "inferior" one group or gender to the other. Why would they? Africans peopled the earth alone, before dogmas of patriarchy and racism that I know about took hold.

So, as far as I can interpret, the ancient pagan Vodouists, in rituals, veves, dance and songs, talked of themselves and their connection to divinity only. We do know "manman mwen" is a natural prefix before many supplications to many of the lwa-yo for help, blessings and guidance. We also know, women were the first deities of all the ancient pagan peoples on earth.

But, in Vodun, the origin of humanity is explained in terms of Lè marasa, lè mor and lè mystè. In my view and best interpretation of the information available, I would say, "Gran met la" has no gender in Haitian cosmology to the best of my knowledge and no race is given as to the lwa-yo or spirits or saints. BUT, as the Haitian Lwa (s) are direct descendants of the Africans telling the story, one naturally knows the lwa-s are Black also, and look like their descendants. BUT, as only women give birth, and the pagan Vodouist was not known to be illogical, one may conclude, "Gran Met La" or "Bondje" is capable, of giving birth, like a female.

But if patriarchy won't allow this conclusion to stick, se bon, se bon - whatever rocks your boat. Danbala-Wedo or Ayida Wedo. It's all good! The most amazing thing I find, is that female and male are just accepted in Vodun, equally. No sweat. Wholeness requires both female and male energy in ONE. Yin and yang, Danbala-Wedo/ Ayida Dan Wedo.

Witness the most famous traditional-Haitian-Rada song of creation and wisdom: Danbala-Wedo se bon se bon. Ayida Wedo se bon se bon. Lè ma monte chwal mwen gen moun k ap kryè …." Does it give any hints? Perhaps so.

The most salient point, to understand, perhaps, is that there is no inherent or unnatural (good vs evil) division, worthy of comment, for the Vodouist. "Se bon, se bon." It's all good - no original sin. Therefore, no inherent dualistic dichotomy.

Humanity - we - all came from the same sacred indivisible Twin. Images and structures are not as important to the Vodouist. Not like they are to the Western and Eastern global race hierarchy pundits, who, over time, syncretized and reinterpreted some of these original pagan beliefs and devised their Judeo-Christian and Islamic theologies and cosmologies, on divisions, based on gender, nationalism and race, for control and hegemonic purposes. That's my interpretation.

METAPHYSICALLY: On the metaphysical level, the Haitian elder also explains the origin of humanity as follows: Out of primordial space, Anba Dlo, a sound came. This first disturbance of cosmic silence/primordial space, caused an echo. That echo and the original sound together caused a third separate entity to be born. Allegorically this Haitian cosmology/mystical concept is explained with the phrase: "One plus one equals three" - 1 e 1 fè twa. For, from that first echo and original sound "the child" arose. Out of that first primordial movement and its echo, in an unseen dimension, "the other" was born. Mirrored-images. That other had issues, another was born of those two and on and on and on, ad infinitum. The world was thus created. Thus, the idea every action has a consequence is illustrated by the Vodouist. "One plus one equals three" tells a thousand tales to the Vodouist. It also allows for the acceptance of contradictions, in a way traditional European minds do not accept.

SPIRITUAL LEVEL On a mythical/spiritual level, one could say, the Haitian elder explains how that first Black woman came to be, thus: Out of Anba Dlo, (Lan Ginen), that is, out of cosmic space, came the first movement, or "breath" of Bondye, (or "ashe" the reservoir of all potentiality of infinite intelligence.) It was like a zigzag, like your breath. It was like a coiling and uncoiling image undulating, shedding layers, Her rainbow colors along the way. It was like the action of birth – release/contract. It was as if Go(o)d's first inhalation had its twin, the exhale. To Haitians, overtime, the principle/archetype/lwa Ayida Dan Wedo represents wisdom and this action of creation/birthing.

Ok that takes care of the 3rd question.

In two Ezili Danto posts above: "The Black Mother - she's Moroccan too! It's true." and, "Haitians have a legacy to reach for......." I've already explored why patriarchy and racism was used to destroy the Black goddess.

Now, for my attempt at the first question: A Black woman is the mother of all the races. "What is the nature of this claim?"

2. WHAT IS THE NATURE OF THIS CLAIM?

I've written, in, numerous posts on this Forum, that:
[quote]"Based on recent scientific studies of DNA, there is little dispute that modern humanity originated in Africa, that African people are the world's aboriginal people and that ALL modern humans can ultimately trace their ancestral roots back to Africa. Africa is the cradle of civilization….."[/quote]

I've addressed the Black origin of all civilizations on earth at these posts and identified the nature of the claim at:
a) "Rooted in our history and in fearlessness is our way out." where I give reference to the Discovery Channel's two-hour documentary on the topic of the origin of all the races. The real Eve is rediscovered. (see her Black face reconstructed.);
b) "Aristide manipule t-il le Vodun?" Wed Aug 20, 2003 under Reclaiming the images of the Africa – 21 Nations in our head where I give a reference, on the Internet, where one may find information on "Eve," the first mother as a Black female.

See, also "How Nefretti is getting her Black face back" at http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/ne ... /face/face

I've written [quote]"If not for the primordial migrations of early African people, humanity would have remained physically Africoid, and the rest of the world outside of the African continent absent of human life. This is our starting point." ( ) The African Presence In India: A Photo Essay by Runic Rashidi.)" [/quote]

Yet, one of the questions presented is "What is the Nature of This Claim? To start with I know this to be a rhetorical question sent out for "Ann Pale" debate. But, I will answer, again, as if I have not already stated the answer.

A Black woman is the mother of all the races. It's not only allegorical, metaphysical, historical, it is based on the latest, known SCIENTIFIC facts.

But reality, to the African philosopher, cannot be divided in compartments.

A Vodouist knew, through centuries of observing reality, and listening the griot tales of the Black mother – Black Madonna. Creation was union -sexual, carnal, spiritual, metaphysical - not a steri
le, taking a rib from Adam thing.

"Sitting on Isis' lap" was a phrase that illustrate the origin of the crown and royalty in ancient KEMET (Africa) Then, it was the Black woman who would chose the leaders in her society and family, by literally sitting him/her on her lap! What we know now as the Kings chair and crown could not be passed-on to an heir, by a male, only by the elder priestess/Manbo/woman. The embroidered crown (feather), scepter and royal red chair, in ancient Africa, were symbols of the Black woman's divine decree. Evidencing that women were originally the primary religious figures, not the Pope, et cetera. Later on, patriarchic cultures, sprung up because of all-male migration throughout the world. These patriarchic cultures then took on these symbols of authority for their own, not knowing their original meaning…..

Hence, it was Cecil Fatiman, mounted by the spirit of Ezili Danto, who gave the scepter of leadership to Boukmann. His power came form source – a powerful, ancient, female source remembered.

But, let's leave, folklore and storytelling alone for a moment. Those "scientists" who live ONLY by "scientific" and data compartmentalization have come to agree that "all humans alive today can claim as a common ancestor a woman who lived in Africa some 150,000 years ago — dubbed, inevitably, "Eve."

We know neither the white European nor the Arab settlers in Africa where indigenous to the African continent. Thus, the notion of an African origin of the human family has grown to be accepted by most scientists, historians and scholars.

I've written, on this matter, in at least four posts, but probably in others. I wrote of this, not because I am a human being ordinarily categorized as a "Black woman," but in context to certain points I wished to make that are essential primarily because of the racists burdens heaped on the issues of human beings categorized as, of "the Black race of Africa."

I wrote to say Blacks once peopled the earth, therefore we claim more than Africa as our "place."

I wrote to say that Blacks, not whites, are the parents of civilizations. Thus, we are no one's children, don't need patronizing. Au contraire.

Most importantly I point to the Black mother because of Haiti's unique relationship with Her original creed. And, to help liberate Haitian and Black minds in general. To cut our mental chains and give us a means to stop our strange associating with our former captors, where, similar to hostages exhibiting long-term psychological problems called, the "Stockholm Syndrome", we-Blacks also consistently exhibit these mental aberrations by identifying with whites, our former captors/colonial rulers, while actually FEARING those Blacks, amongst us, who seek to end our captivity. (See, the Stockholm Syndrome, )

I point to the Black mother of all the races to say we-Blacks don't need to seek to win white favor, like sufferers of "Stockholm Syndrome" seek their captors approval, "in an almost childlike way." I point to the Black mother of all the races so we mostly miseducated Blacks may know were the original parents. So that, if we understand this, we may begin to address the mental aberrations of neocons like Condoleeza Rice, Powell, Clarence Thomas, Ward Connelly, Armstrong Williams, et cetera and most of the African feudal lords, who, display strong attachment to their former captors/colonizer's points of view, reference points, automatically defending their captors interest to their own Blacks peoples detriment. (See, the Stockholm Syndrome, )

Those are the reasons I wrote, in many posts that a Black woman is the mother of all the races. I can't look for them all. But one also may look in the following posts at:

1. "The Sacred Power of Words - A vision for Gifrants", where I wrote, among other things:
[quote]"I live and understand very well my paradoxes and purposes. Whosoever is not emitting energies that end up killing the Black woman's issues have nothing to fear from Ezili Danto, the spirit that guides me. And, I've already pointed out a Black woman is the mother of all the races. So think about those two sentences the next time you think I am anti-white. Perhaps it will help you decipher a few things. For, I mean what I say, in all its infinite variations, but most directly about liberating children that could fall down my thigh. I don't pander to anyone who can't get down with that."[/quote]

2. "Nature of Vodun" (at "The attack on Vodun Part 3 - Vodun keeps us together") where I revisited references I'd already made in other posts about the original Black mother issue. I wrote:
[quote]"The time has come for us to STOP being confused, ashamed of our Black peoples and at frozen impasse………We know the truth and to know the truth and still remain "in confusion" is to deliberately collaborate with Category One – the imperialist, his white privilege and racist patriarchy."[/quote]

3. I also wrote at:
[quote]THE ORIGIN OF CIVILIZATION:
"…..(O)nly Black people peopled the earth once. Our history is not limited to just the one area called Africa but instead encompasses the entire planet Earth."

"…we-Haitians must stop being stymied, apathetic or cynical. We could say no and empower ourselves. Knowing world history would be a good place to start with the empowerment. Most African leaders don't even know Black people's true glorious history on this planet."

"We outnumber Category One by our sheer numbers (They only make-up 17% of the world population) and have survived a whole lot longer on this earth than their histories are even willing to acknowledge. As they say one drop of Black blood is enough to spoil a whole bunch of "whites" for generations to come. Their fear comes from our power over them, especially biologically. Otherwise why would they separate the Black woman and imprison the Black men so in US prisons all over this planet, in job locations, on Islands and continents of pain et cetera….. Our problem as Black people is we don't have this fear of biological extinction. We are too complacent, forgiving, kind and hospitable. All some white guy must do to get our admiration or vote is to drop a few Kreyol words into his conversation. We have accepted just survival, not quality of life, or the treasure throves that are ours, as a people, for the taking.[/quote]

I've written: THE ARABIA, EGYPT, PALESTINE, INDIA -FIRST WERE BLACK.
[quote]According to Herodotus, a Greek historian, who lived during the 5th century b.c.e., and whom the Europeans regards as the Father of history, all the people of Arabia, Egypt, Palestine, India ( ) Western Asia, the Sudan and what we now call sub-sahara Africa were Black.[/quote]

I've written: THE CHINESE - FIRST WERE BLACK.
[quote]
  • The first Chinese were Black (See, http://www.trinicenter.com/FirstChinese.htm and J.A. Rogers' book "Sex and Race and Sex, Vol. 1 and 2 and, according to the Los Angeles Times, Sept. 29, 1998,)

"Most of the population of modern China--one fifth of all people living today--owes it genetic origins to Africa." )

Black people peopled, at sometime, all of Southern India and Indo-China. (See, book by J.A. Rogers entitled "Sex and Race" See also, – The African Presence In India: A Photo Essay by Runoko Rashidi.)

In China, an Africoid presence in visible from remote antiquity. The Shang, for example, China's first dynasts, are described as having "black and oily skin." The famous Chinese sage Lao-Tze was "black in complexion." or Study traces genetic origin of Chinese to Africa at
[/quote]

THE FIRST JAPANESE WERE BLACK.

I've written:
[quote]The Japanese have a saying that a great samurai must have Black blood.

"Although the island nation of Japan is assumed by many to have been historically composed of an essentially homogenous population, the accumulated evidence places the matter in a vastly different light. A Japanese proverb states that: "For a Samurai to be brave, he must have a bit of Black blood." Another recording of the proverb is: "Half the blood in one's veins must be Black to make a good Samurai." Sakanouye Tamura Maro, a Black man, became the first Shogun of Japan. , [/quote]

I've written: BLACKS WERE IN THE AMERICAS BEFORE COLUMBUS.
[quote]Everybody knows by now that we Black people came to the Americas before Columbus (Read, Ivan Van Sertima's book "They Came Before Columbus." Any of his or Lerome Bennets' books, including "They Came Before The Mayflower.")

There are Eskimos in Alaska and Greenland darker in pigmentation than the darkest African from equatorial Africa (See, Cheik A. Diop book "African Origin of Civilization: Myth or Reality")[/quote]

I've written: WE-HAITIANS MAY USE KNOWLEDGE OF BLACKS HISTORY IN THE WORLD TO SEE OUR FULLER CAPACITY –TO STOP BONDING WITH OUR ABUSERS AS A MEANS TO ENDURE VIOLENCE..[quote]We-Haitians must open up our minds to our possibilities and then move forward towards those uplifting imaginings, letting the way be made out of no way. The "rational" does not include all that is "the possible." Just because our suffering still looks "inevitable", doesn't mean we-Haitians couldn't change the Euro/US oppressive blueprint/archetypes in a short 13-years as the Bwa Kayiman warriors did."[/quote]

I've written:
[quote]"My point is, when I hear Haitians say they have nowhere to go. I know they don't know Black people peopled the earth once and are natural travelers. I know no one has given them the vision of OUR PLACE on this earth as Black people; that they are imprisoned within the prisms of the fairly new, but very artificial Euro/US prototype Nation-States, with artificial borders and Euro/US draconian exclusionary passports and exclusionary-mostly-to-dark-peoples-entrance-laws. But examine our Haitian and even the recent African republics' histories. And you'll see these borders cannot and will not hold the Black spirit and thirst for travel, learning, upward mobility and for humane co-existence with all the peoples and cultures on earth."[/quote]

THE BLACKS IN MEXICO.
[quote]"It's our glorious legacy as the original ancient world travelers, explorers and builders of civilizations. In ancient times, in Mexico, the Olmec Blacks left their great imprints. All over South America our imprints haven't faded over time. It is because we have not been taught "our glorious history", as Mbeki might put it, that we might cringe at the shenanigans of Aristide as a feudal lord for the self-appointed "Divine Kings" – as an agent of imperial white power."[/quote]

I've written:[quote]"I briefly recount this world Black history as a way to say neither this little Island called Ayiti nor even Africa (ancient Kemet) are our only place of abode. The white man wishes we-Blacks were "aliens" to the Americas. But, we had a history before these coarse white tribes of Western Europe and their settler's barbarity started. (BEFORE, Islam decimated the traditionalist.) We don't have to take on anyone's biological fatalistic notions, their fear, chaos and confusion. To undo is a daily task I know. But I say give the fear back intact. Call up the power spirit of the ancestors. Our ancestors built every major civilization that ever existed on this earth. Look up and remember who you are my Black people."[/quote]
To conclude, I made my statements within the context of empowering Black Haitians, liberating Black minds and uplifting us with truth about our place and connectedness one to another, on this planet earth.

In all these posts, I believe I've given references where these fact may be further analyzed.

If , there are other, more reliable scientific and historical information, that civilization did not start in Africa; that human existence did not start in Africa; that the white race peopled the earth before the Black race; that a white European woman or an Asian or Native American woman gave birth to the Black race and all the races; that all the races cannot be traced back to Africa, and therefore back to BLACK. If Black doesn't encompass all peoples and Black is not "diversity" personified. If there is credible information out there that the European white woman's is the mother of civilization; that the first Madonna and therefore first human attempt ever, at the Goddess, was white, not Black, please I'd like to read it?

For, from reading the most informed sources and writing on this topic for years now, it is my understanding, that DNA research, by modern scientist, reveal the human race can be traced back genetically, through tracing a woman's genetic make-up back through her mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers and on to the woman's line back to the beginning of known history.

And, that scientists have pretty much extrapolated that if this was done, with every human being on the planet, the original mother of any race line, as far as we have been able to go back, to date, is traced to a Black woman.

3) WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
I've already addressed what it means to Haiti.

To the rest of the world, it states, simply, that the most up to date evidence, besides all the historical works on the issue, shows that the oldest skeletal remains found, on this earth, as a Black woman. This skeletal remains contains the genetic information of all the races. There's no such thing as a "pure white race." If you have different information that is more credible than the discovery channel's two hour documentary on this, or any of the references I've noted above. Please, point it out so I may get better informed.

I say this especially since I am currently working on "Ezili Danto in Africa before Islam and Christianity".- a multi-media project which will look at the Black goddess and African traditional cultures before racist patriarchy reared-up its ugly head. A work, which may be entitled, once completed – "Ezili Danto: Reclaiming Africa before Islam and Christianity."

I got this idea as I worked on pieces to answer M'beki's challenged and to show why Haiti matters. In this work, I am examining the profound importance of the existence of Haiti. I am delving into what happened when, after 900 years of Islamic imperialism in Africa, compounded by 300 years of European Christianity in the Americas, Blacks finally remembered their Black mother's culture not their rapists/enslavers/captors' dogmas and cultures and used that strength to tear their chains into smithereens, for the first time in almost 1200 years, reaching for source - traditional African source, as its been syncretized in the best amongst us today.

There in Haiti, my Black ancestors, for the first time cut through the cultural imperialism and confusion and found unity in Vodun. They found libète when they touched Vodun, their own source, and lanmò in the other imported cultures with their intolerant creeds.

It's worth repeating:

On August 14, 1791, my ancestors, in Haiti remembered their dark, African mothers and honored Her culture. For their men warriors had been decimated during years of the various invaders brutality and co-option. But, on August 14, 1791 Boukmann remembered, not his Arab father or great-great-great-great fathers father's culture/creed, relegating women to the inferiority-rank, et cetera, but Mother Africa. The amalgamated tribes, in Haiti, found and took hold of, Ezili Danto who said, "Kanga Mundele" on August 14, 1791.

They found legba, Danbala, Manman Lasirene, Ogou Feray, Atibon Legba, Gran Bwa, Simbi, Grann Ezili. Over two hundred delegation where present. A woman priest, Cecil Fatiman, a manbo, passed that message on to Boukmann, a mawon warrior.

As I've pointed out before, both Fatiman and Boukmann could have been Muslim converts. But, everyone at Bwa Kayiman, all, be they Muslim and Christians converts, went HOME that day, back to Vodun and, that, my friends, as I will explore, has been the road less traveled by any African nation to date.

That, has made ALL the difference to modern world history and to Africans in the New World and around the world, globally.

Again, "What does this mean:"

I'm thinking of not only Ezili Danto: Reclaiming Africa before Islam and Christianity, but, why limit ourselves to Africa, why not record: Ezili Danto: The Rise Of the Black Goddess in the 21st Century?

There are probably other interpretations out there, I look forward to reading about them.

Ezili Danto
"Dje blan-yo mande krim. Bon Dje ki nan nou-an vle byen fe." (Boukmann at Bwa Kayiman, August 14, 1791

(c) 2003 Ezili Danto September 24, 2003

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:34 am

Wow! Your last answer is a tour de force... I am very nearly convinced that you are the reincarnation of the original Black Woman.

Chapo ba, Ezili!!! The original Black Woman has got to be proud.