Capital punishment and Christian compassion

Gelin_

Capital punishment and Christian compassion

Post by Gelin_ » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:25 am

[quote]To conclude, I personally think that some people claim that they believe in God only for political gains.

Sometimes I really wish there were a "Judgement Day". I also wish there were True Christians somewhere???

Tout Moun sou Bloff,
Notre Pere ak Je vous salue se mizik pou kriminel...[/quote]

-The Editor

[quote]...I personally think that some people claim that they believe in God only for political gains.[/quote]
I certainly agree with you and that should not affect your own faith in God, given that you can see the real motives of "some believers".

[quote]Sometimes I really wish there were a "Judgement Day". I also wish there were True Christians somewhere???[/quote]
There will be a judgement
day at some point in the future. Now, leonel, would you become a true christian yourself???

Sorry to be so direct, but your questions were profound and I wanted to respond to some of them. Two thousands years ago, Jesus started a new way of life that he called the good news (or the gospel). Many followed him and were transformed by his teachings. Their love for one another was so profound and so practical that <I>"There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need." (Acts 4:34-35).</I>

Although Jesus' philosophy and teachings are still available (and relevant) today, a lot of people have abused, mistreated, tortured, and killed others IN HIS NAME. Now, imagine this: Jesus washed the feet of his disciples and commanded them to do the same to each other....

gelin

Leonel JB

Post by Leonel JB » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:54 am

Well Gelin, with regards to your question, I am already a Christian. If it means, helping one another. It it means respecting and loving everyone.

But, I am not a Christian follower of a fellow Human being and see him as GOD.

People need to know that Jesus was a Philosopher and a preacher. He was like any other activist who preached against an unjust system. He was a Communist (the real one, not the one portrayed by some). He was helping a Community where he thinks that everyone was equal.

All of this, I learned it by being a former Catholic. Remember, Jesus used a lot of symbolic words. People transform them to show their own points. For instance, when He said that he was " Le fils de l'homme ". He did not say God. But, some of Us assume it is GOD. Going back to the washing of the disciple feet. It was a way to show his Communist views. By washing their feeet, He is saying, "I am not more than you, and you should behave
the same way towards everyone."

But, Gelin, I bet a lot of people would not agree with me. Especially the Preachers who making millions on behalf of their followers (Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker and others).

I have to go back to death Penalty. For, I don't wanna start another page inside that topic.

Death Penalty is another controversy inside the "Great Bible" which people think that GOD wrote. I remember that God is not very patient and loving. In the Bible, in other for Him to deal with sinners. He made easier. He killed them. This is a God who does not make mistakes, I think. But yet, he allows his children to make them., and punish them severely for that. Remember how He turned these people in stone for just turning their head. Talking about a temper! He supposed to control everything, but, He obviously is not a good driver either. Because, a good driver does not break the car if it behaves wrongly. The driver tries to fix the mistakes as a controller.
Excuse me, but does God leave
us to another Driver?

Anyway, I don't wanna take too much time anymore. I just wanted to see the connection or comparison between "Death Penalty by God" versus "Compassion of Christ ". Maybe, My fellow God-loving, Christ-phillic Brothers and Sisters can help me understand why People are so selective in applying the Gospel of God and his Son (rebellious vis a vis his Dad).

I believe that a lot of the religious rights would want me to die, for I do not believe like them... Therefore, lethal injection is my reward.

Peace and Love,
Your beloved Leonel