Ti liv enfomasyon pou volonte kont maladi SIDA

Shelony

Ti liv enfomasyon pou volonte kont maladi SIDA

Post by Shelony » Tue May 06, 2008 5:37 pm

Can someone please click on the link below and tell me that what I think I see is not real? I came across it while searching for something about Haiti and HIV. I don't care about the view of the site, what I care about is whether ethics are followed when vaccine trials are being conducted in developing countries. If what I see in the flyer is true, then I have serious doubts about those trials regarding informed consent of the participants.

http://www.lemegalodon.net/a2556-haiti- ... #photo2084

Shelony

Dr Roger Malebranche

Post by Dr Roger Malebranche » Thu May 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Unfortunately Shelony this is the way of the medical world. American blacks were used as guinea pigs during the syphilis days and poor uneducated Haitians are the Aids guinea pigs, whether they realize it or not. The explanation given to me by the drugs manufacturers is that the Haitian Aids patient has nothing to lose and perhaps something to gain if the vaccine proves to be worthwhile. If they had to use it in the USA and problems did arise they would have to answer to the FDA and legions of class action lawyers. So they take the path of least resistance. The problem is that the SIDA Haitian patient is taking all the risks but if the vaccine turns out to be a success ( and so far it seems to be a dud ) he or she will not get a cent from the billions the drug manufacturers are poised to make. Mais c'est la vie Shelony. they feel Haitians should take the risk because after all THEY GAVE AIDS ( SIDA ) TO THE WORLD. Remember the proverb : " Dan pouri gen fos sou bannann mi ". We are it.