The Old Testament

Leoneljb

The Old Testament

Post by Leoneljb » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:08 pm

Once upon a time, there was no Earth and Planets in God's Universe.
Everything was so dark and empty. Then, God spent a lot of time thinking. He said : Eureka, I need to create the Planets. Boom, there was Jupiter and all the rest.

Still Mr God wasn't so satisfied. He decided to build the Earth with all the plants and the Animals. Oops, he forgot. He created the Dynosaurs which were enormous, huge Creatures. After causing a lot of troubles, the Dynosaurs were destroyed by Flood and Fire. For, the Omnipotent does not like to use other tactics to get rid of his inventions...

About some million years later, God decided to create the First Human in Ethiopia. Thinking that is not a great Creation, He used water to get rid of the First Humans.

Finally, after some million years later, God created Adam and Eve. The other batch of Humans... We all know the rest of the stories!!!

I was trying to rewrite the Bible mixed with a little bit of Science to patch the existing holes in the Old testament.

Because, noone can deny the existence of the Dynosaurs and the first Human bones in Ethiopia which dated some million years ago.

Now, why did God created those Creatures prior to Adam and Eve?

Why did the other Planets and Galaxies exist?

Is there any other Being living elsewhere?

I know Gelin, my Old testament is incomplete. But, remember, yours is not so complete either. For, the Writers didn't know about other Creatures before Us. They also thought that the Earth was the Center of the Universe!!!

Ou wE kijan nou mele.

The Bible stories are flawed. We need a better one.

Ban'm oun ti limyE souple.

Leonel 1 vEsE 2 a twa

Tidodo

Post by Tidodo » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:05 am

Leonel,

That is the shortest and almost complete history of mankind I ever read! I had a good laugh! But, your story, as written, raises other questions. Is it possible that Adam and Eve were the first ones in Ethiopia? It could have been the so-called Garden of Eden! I am sure Jaf would find a lot of solace in that!

Gelin

Re: The Old Testament

Post by Gelin » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:24 am

[quote]...I know Gelin, my Old testament is incomplete. But, remember, yours is not so complete either...[/quote]
You are right, leonel. And don't be surprised that I agree with you on this one...:-)

The truth of the matter is that in my opinion no book or text is complete once people start reading them. Why do I say that? Because by looking at the text, the readers have in mind something the writer did not have in mind. There will always be something 'missing' as far as the readers are concerned. And that's why we go back to the introduction to find the REASON WHY the whole thing was recorded in the first place. One apostle, John, give us a hint at the end of his gospel:
[quote]Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. <u>But these are written that you may believe</u> that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. - John 20:30-31. [/quote]
It's not complete but that's ok with me. How about that, leo?

na wè pita,
gelin