Being a Black Man

Michel Nau_

Being a Black Man

Post by Michel Nau_ » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:23 am

Turn you speakers on.
Click the subject discussion that you would like to listen.

Please give your opinion or share your experience with us about this issue, being black in America, Latin America, or Europe.

Nou tout se an Ayiti ke nou soti e se nèg nwa ke nou ye.

Experyans nou menm jan ak neg Ameriken ki te soufri dan lesklavaj.

Gen anpil dokiman la pou anpil ti Ayisyen kap ekri yon liv an byen pou lekol yo sou istwa e eksperyans li nan yon mond ki ap vinn deplizanpli difisil pou nwa defavorize yo viv.

Why are we still suffering of Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/me ... ckmen.html

Enjoy!
Michel

Michel Nau_

Post by Michel Nau_ » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:46 am

Mwen ta renmen ke anpil fanm sou fowòm nan tou bay opinyon yo sou zafè "being a black man".

Nou ta renmen konnen ki eksperyans ke fanm yo fè nan travay yo, nan relasyon rasyal yo avèk lòt ras, etc..

Pa bliye li seksyon ki di "Share your thoughts" la. Seksyon sa gen anpil bon bagay e opinyon lòt moun sou zafè "Being a Black Man".

Mwen pa konnen konbyen tan ke Washington Post ap kite link sa vivan toujou. Pye kout pran devan. Pran tout bon bèt ke nou te kap pran leplito posib.

Michel

Michel Nau_

Post by Michel Nau_ » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:57 am

Sak fè ke mwen mete link sa yo se pou sèvis edikasyon e pataje konesans etan pèp nwa kap viv nan peyi blan.

Eksperyans ke mesyedam Afriken Ameriken sa yo fè la gen anpil nan nou ki fè menm eksperyans lan tou.

Link sa yo kap sèvi anpil moun kap fè rechèch, e sitou elèv lekòl e inivèsite ki gen pou trete anpil sijè kankou sosyoloji, imanite, filozofi, sipkoloji etc..

Repons ke mesyedam sa yo voye by editè Washington Post yo kap sevi nou tou de egzanp e fòma si yon jou nou ta renmen voye opinyon pa nou ba yo.

Sekrè nan voye lèt bay editè yo pou met sou jounal se bay opinyon w dirèk sou sijè a e san voye monte.

Pa plis ke 5 a 6 liy si w se yon senp sitwayen, ou byen 10 a 15 liy si w se w manb yon òganizasyon ou byen yon peyi ke sije sa konsène.

Si repons ou w sou sije a bon e yo renmen li, yap kontakte w e ranje foma, e edite lèt-w a anvan ke yo mete-l sou jounal. Konsa yap kap kenbe yon bon relasyon avek mesye edite jounal sa yo. E yap kap kontakte w si yo renmen atitid w, kredibilite w, sou sije a.

Bòn lekti!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/me ... ckmen.html

http://everystudent.com/features/truth.html

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/blackmen ... he_be.html

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/blackmen ... ories.html

Michel Nau_

Post by Michel Nau_ » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:01 pm

Being a black man simply means your future has not been written or paved for you.
You will not take over the family business, or pick up the family fortune to live an easy satisfying life.
As a black man, your future soley depends on your actions in life and your will to never give in or give up.
As a black man, if you do well, you can live well and have the potential to do or become anything you desire. Though the pathway to your acheivements will not be an easy trip, it's filled with turbulence, pitfalls and disappointments.
You will realize that success will not ba as easy a task for you than others you meet. But with perseverance and a strong will to be successfull, you can acheive a stisfying life.
Unfortunately, a few of us make the wrong decisions in life or become weak and undetermined to "Do The Right Thing".
If we could help each other comprehend or heritage and remove jealousy. We can make great strides in life.
Posted by: Warren McNeil | June 26, 2006 09:49 AM

Being a black man, as I am in Houston, means to be targeted with negative assumptions at all time. While this is possibly true of men from other races, none have been going on longer in this country than that of the Black man.
My value is based on where I am at a given point. If I am at a park playing basketball, I am the one that everyone wants because they assume that I can play.
If I am at a party, they assume that I will be the main one dancing or trying to grab the mic and "bust some rhymes".
They assume that I am going to be up one the flyest gear.

On the flip side, if a crime is committed, I am a immediate suspect.
If I am dating a a white woman, I am not to be trusted.
If I am moving up the corporate ladder into the whitest areas of the heirarchy, it is assumed that I got there because they need a black face and not because I am the best candidate for the job.
If my black women is seen alone with my children, they assume that I am a deadbeat father.
To me, being a black man should be the same as just being a man.
Love, honor, strength, and knowledge makes a man. The only thing that is different is that a black man has to be tougher than our friends from other races to carry on our daily lives.
Posted by: Lorin Perry | June 26, 2006 10:19 AM

Michel Nau_

Post by Michel Nau_ » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:08 pm

To be a black man in America is to be caught between two worlds. You are an American, fortunate enough to reside in the greatest nation in the history of the world, a priviledged citizen in one of the most democratic nations during a time period when freedom is at an all-time high.
And yet to be a Black man in twenty first century America is also to be a member of a group that is viewed with heightened suspicion, it is to be followed around in shopping centers; it is to be viewed with suspicion by members of your own race as well as by some members of the majority race; it is to be second guessed no matter your level of education or accomplishment.

And yet to be a Black Man in America today is also a great blessing. It is an opportunity to serve your community. It is to better understand the struggles of your more accomplished students - the few minorities in the college prep classes, because you have walked in their shoes already. It is also to understand the "average" students who struggle to earn Cs and Ds because you grew up with thousands of friends who, like these kids, had to overcome the hurdles of single parent homes, drug riddled neighborhoods, trying to study on empty stomachs, all the while trying to believe in an American dream that no one in your neighborhood has attained.

To be a Black Man is to owe a debt of service to a nation that has not always afforded your people equality, but nevertheless is the best hope for democracy the world has ever seen. It is to owe a debt of gratitude to a community that strives to raise its children in the fear and admonition of the Lord, but too often looks to the government to solve its problems.
We are a strong people, so we should stengthen our own communities while simultaneously embracing the larger culture. To be a Black Man in America is to be misunderstood, often mistreated and untrusted, but we must not shrink or accept the status assigned to us by others. We are strong men. We must strive to make strong families.

Posted by: M Davis | June 26, 2006 04:26 PM