I looked into McCain's eyes and I saw three letters

Guysanto
Site Admin

I looked into McCain's eyes and I saw three letters

Post by Guysanto » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:10 am

I looked into McCain's eyes and I saw three letters: I, R, I.

Mwen gade nan je McCain epi mwen wè twa lèt: I, R, I.

Guy S. Antoine
Windows on Haiti

Leoneljb

Post by Leoneljb » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:15 am

Wow Guy,
Amazing that you can do that. You have the same gift than GW (looking into Putin's Soul)...
Myself, I can see that He is not altogether. The man is not fit to be the next President. And, He chose "Sarah PElen" who advocated Alaska's independence from the US! She has a former Pastor who has some issues. Is McCain serious?
Leonel

Guysanto
Site Admin

Post by Guysanto » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:09 am

[quote]You have the same gift than GW (looking into Putin's Soul)[/quote]
No, man, GW does not have any gift... at least not any more. Don't you feel sorry for him? I heard that not even the presidential dog listens to him anymore. In fact since those pictures from the Olympics came out, the dog has been sleeping next to Laura, and GW has been in the doghouse. Now even the fleas are complaining.

I think that my message may require a bit of explanation. I.R.I. stands for "International Republican Institute", of which McCain was/is the Chairperson; an organization that sponsored the armed rebellion and coup d'état in Haiti.

Actually, neither McCain nor George Bush deserves all the credit (and I, even less). Here's the scoop on how this all started:
[quote]As Russian President Vladimir Putin continues to consolidate power at home and frustrate U.S. policies abroad, Republicans are suggesting President Bush must have had smoke in his eyes six years ago when he famously peered into “Vlad's” at their first meeting and got “a sense of his soul,” of a man “very straightforward and trustworthy.”

Arizona Sen. John McCain, without naming the president he hopes to succeed, told the Republican Jewish Coalition Tuesday that he saw something else entirely when he met the Russian leader: “I looked into Mr. Putin's eyes and I saw three things — a K and a G and a B.” (McCain recycled the line from his July speech to the Churchill Club in Santa Clara, Calif., and has also used it on campaign swings.) Putin, once an agent of the former Soviet Union's KGB secret police and intelligence service, just this week was “incredibly rude” in a meeting with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Defense Secretary Robert Gates, McCain added.

Some in the audience thought the KGB line was a good line, judging by scattered applause and chuckles. Might McCain have lifted it from his good friend, former Bush Secretary of State Colin Powell?

“One gem” in Powell's keynote speech in June at a conference of the Insurance Accounting and Systems Association in Minneapolis, according to a blogger who attended, was Powell's retelling of his and Bush's review of their first encounter with Putin. According to the blogger, Powell adopted “a suitable Texas twang” to recount the president's reaction: “Powell, I looked into Putin's eyes and I saw his soul.”

Powell said he replied, “Mr. President, I looked into President Putin's eyes and I saw the KGB.”

October 16, 2007
The Wall Street Journal
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/10/1 ... tins-eyes/
[/quote]

So, it would appear that Colin Powell is the original author of the line, McCain refined it and has been repeating it every chance he gets for the past twelve months. I decided to turn the table on him but that may not work, as most people will find the reference somewhat obscure. How many know of McCain's relationship with the I.R.I.?

By the way, Leonel, I think that you are obsessed with Miss Congeniality, "Sarah of Wissila". You must be dreaming about her, day and night . . . nights, especially. I can sense that through your writings. I am a psychoanalyst or at least I can play one online. Tell me more about your dreams, and I'll tell you how to cure yourself of "Wissilism". It's a serious condition, brother. Do take it seriously because it may be contagious.