English Translation

T-dodo

English Translation

Post by T-dodo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:58 pm

A young Haitian female immigrant was very eager to speak English in her adoptive country. She went for a job interview and the recruiter asked her for her name. She answered:"Thank you." The recruiter pointed out that he only asked her for her name. She answered again:"Thank you." The recruiter told her that he has not done anything for her yet, but if she wants that to happen she would have to give him her name so that he can complete the paperwork. She answered again:"Thank you."

Exasperated, the recruiter realized that she does not apeak English and called a Haitian employee for help with the translation. The Haitian employee told the female applicant in kreyol:" Se non w wi ke blan bezwen!" She answered:" wi, mwen ba l non m wi. Mwen di l ke mwen rele Lamèsi!"

Shellony

Post by Shellony » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:56 pm

Oh JM, I have a good laugh.
Shelony

Anacaona_

Post by Anacaona_ » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:23 pm

JM,
I am going to follow Lamèsi's footstep. Next time someone asks me for my name, I will say "Pink Holy Flower."
Anacaona!

Gelin_

Post by Gelin_ » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:50 am

Yo ofisye polis rete yon ayisyen nan lari yon jou, epi li mande l kijan l rele. Msye reponn: "Twenty Hundred Little Brother". Polis la di: "What?" Msye reponn menmjan an: "Twenty Hundred Little Brother".

Polis pran lisans msye, li pote l bay on lòt ofisye ki konn de mo fransè. Lè yo gade non ki sou lisans la, yo jwenn ke se tradwi kanmarad la tap eseye tradwi non l an anglè paske li rele: "Vincent Petit-Frère".

gelin

Anacaona_

Post by Anacaona_ » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:40 pm

JM and Gelin,

Thank you so much! You made my day!

ON another note, A young person from Haiti was applying for a job. On the application, she had to specify where she was born (City, State and Country ). Tthe applicant specify that she was born in "Green Sofa", Haiti.

The recruiter was so surprised that a city in Haiti has an English name, she called ann interpreter to ask the applicant where she was born in Creole. To everyone surprise, she was born in Canapé Vert.

Anacaona!

T-dodo

Post by T-dodo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:09 pm

Thanks, Anacaona! I like yours too!